I've lost my retainer!! Help!!!!!! Watch

Gracieogden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 15 and I had braces for 2 years, I got them taken off a month ago and now I've lost my retainer. I have a gap and now I think they need a remould but obviously I don't want to pay for a retainer that is not going to close my gap? Has anyone had this problem and know how I can solve it?? I have an appointment in 2 weeks but my gap will keep getting bigger by then!!
revisionmadeeasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've had the problem before, they can only mould new retainer using the current state of your teeth as a cast, so i'd guess that the gap wont be closed unfortunately.
IAmNero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gracieogden)
I'm 15 and I had braces for 2 years, I got them taken off a month ago and now I've lost my retainer. I have a gap and now I think they need a remould but obviously I don't want to pay for a retainer that is not going to close my gap? Has anyone had this problem and know how I can solve it?? I have an appointment in 2 weeks but my gap will keep getting bigger by then!!
Relax, any dentist will tell you a few weeks won't do much, you have to get a new retainer I'm afraid, and it's a matter of urgency. Call them and get an emergency appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gracieogden
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE=IAmNero;64555991]Relax, any dentist will tell you a few weeks won't do much, you have to get a new retainer I'm afraid, and it's a matter of urgency. Call them and get an emergency appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they have to give me an emergency appointment? When I get the new retainer will my gap eventually close?
milliemogs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gracieogden)
Posted from TSR Mobile
So they have to give me an emergency appointment? When I get the new retainer will my gap eventually close?
No, the new retainer will be moulded to your teeth in their current state.
IAmNero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Gracieogden;64556313]
(Original post by IAmNero)
Relax, any dentist will tell you a few weeks won't do much, you have to get a new retainer I'm afraid, and it's a matter of urgency. Call them and get an emergency appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't have to, but they will want to.
And no, unlikely, if you had braces then the movement has already happened, the gap is there to stay I'm afraid, it will have been reduced though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (105)
33.98%
No I don't (142)
45.95%
I work during the holidays (62)
20.06%

Watched Threads