Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Anyone applied to do Earth Science at Richmond Upon Thames College for this year or has anyone ever studied the earth science access course here?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I've never heard of an earth science access course, most colleges don't do them so prospective earth scientists have to make do with the access to science course instead. Because it is such a rare course you're unlikely to find other students here. But if you want to talk to fellow Access students look in the Mature Students forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I've never heard of an earth science access course, most colleges don't do them so prospective earth scientists have to make do with the access to science course instead. Because it is such a rare course you're unlikely to find other students here. But if you want to talk to fellow Access students look in the Mature Students forum.
    Swansea do an access into geog then onto earth science, its my back up plan,!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mjrd)
    Swansea do an access into geog then onto earth science, its my back up plan,!
    You would move across the country just for an Access to HE course? Where would you live? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You would move across the country just for an Access to HE course? Where would you live? :confused:
    No i would not even move town for a diff uni but i am autistic and a homebird. The point i was making is that just because you had never heard of an eath science acces course does not mean you have to just do science. If the col does access to humanities with geography or sociology then thats another option. Science defo better but not necesssary if you not great at it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mjrd)
    No i would not even move town for a diff uni but i am autistic and a homebird. The point i was making is that just because you had never heard of an eath science acces course does not mean you have to just do science. If the col does access to humanities with geography or sociology then thats another option. Science defo better but not necesssary if you not great at it.
    Oh I thought you were the OP, got a bit confused cos he was talking about a college in London. But like I said, there are very few Access to Earth Science (or Geography) courses so most people must be content with science.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought you were the OP, got a bit confused cos he was talking about a college in London. But like I said, there are very few Access to Earth Science (or Geography) courses so most people must be content with science.
    Like i said, science defo better but humanities can work, my coll does human with sociology, but it depends on uni u want to goto later. Swansea accepts access to humanities but op would have to check out other unis. Science acces is accepted in most of them so defo better. Like you, i would go with access to science but it depends on ops skills.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.