The Student Room Group

Keeping Track Of Revision

Didn't post much previously so I'm making a new one starting from study leave.
Exams - Target % - Most Recent Mock %
Maths: Edexcel
C1 - 100% - 100%
C2 - 100% - 100%
C3 - 100% - 99%
S1 - 95% - 95%
Further Maths: Edexcel
M1 - 100% - 100%
M2 - 100% - 100%
FP1 - 100% - 99%
Physics: OCR A New spec
Breadth - 85% - 67%
Depth - 85% - 69%
Chemistry: OCR A New spec
Breadth - 85% - 71%
Depth - 85% - 66%

As you can see, science is looking a "bit" worrying, even though in the year they are very good (hoping for low grade boundaries for first year of new spec), so most of my revision will be for physics&chemistry. Today I went over notes on waves for physics, mostly definitions, as well as some MCQ practice for organic chemistry.
Tomorrow I'm going to sit the specimen papers for Chemistry, and try to correct any errors I made last time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Today I done the breadth and depth specimen papers for chemistry. In breadth I got 94% overall, losing 2 marks due to experimental errors (why values were not the same as theoretical values), still had about 30min left, but decided not to use it just to get a mark quickly, so improvements could still have been made. Strange that the breadth exam sent out to schools I only managed to get 71% in, but 94% on the specimen papers.
For depth I also got 94%, mainly from drawing the mechanism of nucleophilic substitution slightly wrong, and forgetting to divide by 2 in an energetics question. Also had about 30min left but doubt I would've noticed my mistakes.
Tomorrow I'm going to go over reaction mechanisms and organic synthesis again, possibly make flash cards for each type of mechanism.
Reply 2
Today I went over mechanisms for nucleophilic substitution, electrophilic addition and free radical substitution, as well as a few C1/FP1 questions. Didn't get as much work done as hoped for, as I just felt extremely tired. Tomorrow in school I'm going to do FP1 past papers, as well as go over waves for Physics, mostly the parts on stationary waves and some wave characteristics/definitions.
Reply 3
This morning a teacher gave back a mock for last years chemistry paper, got 92% (55/60), lost 3 marks from doing a calculation completely wrong, given data for a double titration and didn't do the difference when doing calculations for the latter titration.
Also done one of the waves,electrons papers for physics and got 95%, lost marks from a definition not being as accurate as it should be, and vague explanation for an experiment to determine placks constant.
I also went through the two previous years' FP1 papers, got 100% for both but got a bit stuck on one question for a while, with factorizing for a proof question (series).

Quick Reply

Latest