Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying a literature degree and I have two topics in mind that I am equally interested in. I really don't know how to choose between the two - they are both interesting for different purposes. I'd just like to know if anyone has any tips on how I can narrow down my choice between the two
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    I'm studying a literature degree and I have two topics in mind that I am equally interested in. I really don't know how to choose between the two - they are both interesting for different purposes. I'd just like to know if anyone has any tips on how I can narrow down my choice between the two
    Thanks
    Are the two topics linked in any way? Maybe you can integrate them into one topic. Allowing you to talk about them both in some detail. That I'm sure is the simplest method to narrowing down your choice. My only other suggestion is to flip a coin and choose it that way. Actually, I would conduct a public poll on here and see what people would choose. Also ask them to list the disadvantages and advantages of the topic. Ideally, students undergoing a literature degree, as I don't imagine many people outside of the subject area would understand much.

Hope it helped slightly
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Talk to your supervisor and see what they have to say. They'll help you to either integrate the two topics as suggested above, pick between the two or narrow down what you choose to study to make it appropriate for a dissertation.

ReputationRep:
    I'd flip a coin

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.