The Student Room Group

help with keeping holiday secret from parents?

Ok so I plan on going on a trip to Amsterdam for a few days with my boyfriend soon but i come from a pretty strict family so i've told them its a uni based trip to budapest. Thing is my mum overheard me talking about it to him over the phone but i just told her its a guy from my group. Since she's suspicious, she said she wants the phone number of a friend i'm going with and the number of the hotel im staying at. I'm more worried about the latter because if i give them the number of the actual hotel im staying at (but make sure there's a hotel of the same name in budapest), surely they'd figure out its not in budapest?

I really dont know what to do because this was supposed to be for his bday :frown: and I don't want to outright rebel against my parents because it just causes so many issues which i cba to deal with rn...
I'm loving the guilt I sense at lying to your parents.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by palem1lk
Ok so I plan on going on a trip to Amsterdam for a few days with my boyfriend soon but i come from a pretty strict family so i've told them its a uni based trip to budapest. Thing is my mum overheard me talking about it to him over the phone but i just told her its a guy from my group. Since she's suspicious, she said she wants the phone number of a friend i'm going with and the number of the hotel im staying at. I'm more worried about the latter because if i give them the number of the actual hotel im staying at (but make sure there's a hotel of the same name in budapest), surely they'd figure out its not in budapest?

Old enough to go to uni but not old enough to tell your parents that you'll be making your own decisions?

Original post by palem1lk
I really dont know what to do because this was supposed to be for his bday :frown: and I don't want to outright rebel against my parents because it just causes so many issues which i cba to deal with rn...

Better to deal with them now and get it over with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending