Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have known a guy for a couple of years and whilst we have chemistry we have not dated. Due to miscommunication on both parts we have missed opportunities. I know this guy is on a few dating websites. If he ever came back and said he would like to date me is it worth it or not as the fact is he looked elsewhere and why change your mind now?

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter if he's on dating sites? You aren't together and you never have been together so it's not your business. If you like him then ask him on a date, but it doesn't matter if he "looked elsewhere" - you're not together; you have no right to be possessive over his online accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    What does it matter if he's on dating sites? You aren't together and you never have been together so it's not your business. If you like him then ask him on a date, but it doesn't matter if he "looked elsewhere" - you're not together; you have no right to be possessive over his online accounts.
    YAS HONEY YOU TELL EM :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have known a guy for a couple of years and whilst we have chemistry we have not dated. Due to miscommunication on both parts we have missed opportunities. I know this guy is on a few dating websites. If he ever came back and said he would like to date me is it worth it or not as the fact is he looked elsewhere and why change your mind now?
    Its ur decision, and if he does come back to u and ask u out on a date and u still feel that chemistry then go for it, but if u dont feel anything for him then dont?

Hope this helps

I know he has every right to go on dating sites as I have that right too. What I mean is, why would anyone let someone get away if they were interested in them?

ReputationRep:
    I know he has every right to go on dating sites as I have that right too. What I mean is, why would anyone let someone get away if they were interested in them?
    i understand u feel as if u cannot stay away from him even for a second and it is killing u that he is not there, am i right or not?

ReputationRep:
    Well he might be asking himself the same question. Why did YOU let HIM get away if you were interested in him?

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Well he might be asking himself the same question. Why did YOU let HIM get away if you were interested in him?
    You have a good point there. Maybe that's why he looked elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by him coming back or changed his mind?
    Did he ever give you any indication he was interested in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    Why won't you make your feelings known instead of overthinking the situation? Before you know it he'll be married with kids and you'll be sat on TSR writing a thread about the one that got away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.