The Student Room Group

Good TV series to watch over summer?

Scroll to see replies

Suits
Prison break

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or if your cool enough to watch anime,
Death Note is short but amazing
Firefly is good for drama with a bit of added comedy, plus it's like 14 episodes long plus a movie, so it won't take long. Good show, though, provided you don't mind sci-fi (alien-free sci-fi, though, if you're not hugely into it)
Reply 23
Original post by BitofAFangirl
Once exams are over I'm planning on watching a bunch of different shows.
I quite like dramas, a little bit of comedy and romance is good.
Already have new girl, mindy project and grey's anatomy on my list.
Any others?

Would highly reccommend Bad Girls if you can find it. Is about a british womens' prison, and is from the 90s.. really worth a watch!!

Game of thrones

House of cards

Daredevil

Mr Robot

Maybe Breaking Bad- (Because it can get boring really quickly because most seasons only have like only 3 or 4 good episodes, rest is just filler)

Flash

Brooklyn 99

The Big Bang Theory

Vikings (But if you already watched Game of thrones you just sit there, pointlessly comparing the two, without actually enjoying it)

Lost
Prison Break
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
I'll second jessica jones it was really good!
HANNIBAL

its the best show out there, season 2 is literally perfection and season 1 is dark, tense and unpredictable, season 3 is just orgasm
Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Breakout Kings, Suits, White Collar, House MD, House of Cards
Any others?

Another amazing one is called Hart of Dixie, that has drama, comedy and romance! Great show 😍
Reply 31
> Breaking Bad followed by Better Call Saul
> Game of Thrones (S1 will take a while to get through, S2 starts to get good, you'll watch S3-5 in two days)
> Orange is the New Black
> The West Wing (much, much better than House of Cards imo)
> Mr Robot
> Firefly :frown:
> Avatar: The Last Airbender followed by Legend of Korra
> Attack on Titan (very bingewatcheable)
> Band of Brothers
> Sherlock
> Penny Dreadful (I haven't actually seen this one but it's supposed to be really good)
> Friends
> The Wire
> Scrubs
Weeds
Orange Is The New Black
Original post by Kwame502
Or if your cool enough to watch anime,
Death Note is short but amazing

since when is death note "short"? :lol:

i spend more time watching tv than anything else so heres my recommendations!!!

comedies (20-30 min per ep)

- parks and rec (7 series) ended
- probably the funniest thing on tv. laugh out loud funny. about a small govt dept in a small town in america. all the characters are so great!!

- the office US (9 series) ended
- based in a small office in a small town in america again!! hilarious and you really get invested in the characters they are all so nice!!

- silicon valley (3 series) ongoing
- tech comedy about a group of guys with a startup

- veep (5 series) ongoing
- political comedy about american politics thats funny all of the characters are *******s basically but you want them to succeed!!

- scrubs (9 series but don't watch the last one bc its terrible) ended
- based in a hospital. focuses on one hilarious junior doctor called J.D. all of the characters are lovely!! this show is kinda underrated. the relationships between characters are beautiful

- how i met your mother (9 series) ended
- i don't love how i met your mother tbh. the ending was awful the characters aren't nice but you do get attached to them. if its your kind of thing but its like a bad friends.

- friend (10 series) ended
- you've probably seen this but if you haven't its about a group of 6 friends in new york. it is hilarious and has 90's charm and wonderful good looking characters

dramas (40-60 min ep)

- game of thrones (6 series) ongoing
- every one watches this and its amazing. it is SO confusing at first because there are so many different families, characters and settings but stick with it!! it gets so good. its a dramatic fantasy thats very well written with great characters and plot twists

- breaking bad (5 series) ended
- okay i never finished breaking bad because i got busy but it is very good. the relationship between the two main characters is really interesting and its kind of funny at times. its about a guy who has lung cancer and makes meth because he's a chemistry teacher basically.

- the x files (10 series) had ended but ongoing now i think??
- if you don't believe in aliens/the supernatural you will after watching this!! its about two fbi agents who are working on the so called 'x files' and they are so pretty and have a great relationship. kind of funny and you can watch any episode in any series and know what is going on basically. theres a large story arc but its the individual ep that are great.

- mad men (7 series) ended
- about some men in advertising in 1960's. very showy offy and kinda boring but excellent writing and beautiful cinematography

- american horror story (4 series) ongoing
- if you like horror movies you'll love this!! the actors stay the same each series but the story completely changes which is cool. the first season is the best probably and the second season is also amazing.

- house of cards (4 series) ongoing
- political drama that is very well written and great characters. very dramatic you'll get gripped instantly

- orange is the new black (4 series) ongoing series 4 is released on netflix tomorrow!!
- based in a womens prison. i'd say its a dramatic comedy but i guess its more dramatic than funny. AMAZING characters with backstories you find out about through the show. its the best. just watch it!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
since when is death note "short"? :lol:

Lol its really short for an anime, only 37 episodes while animes like One Piece have 700+ episodes
Any others?

Gossip girl, 90210, vampire diaries, suits, game of thrones etc
Suits, it's freakin awesome

Also parks and recreation

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
(edited 7 years ago)

Here's my list in no order of preference, still got some more to add but I think that's the main stuff

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
shadowhunters,
legends of tomorrow,
8 simple rules,
that 70's show,
rush hour,
the 100,
fairytail,
naruto,
naruto shippuden,
scorpio,

Quick Reply