The Student Room Group

Really bad anxiety and confidence issues is affecting how I feel about my uni course

These past couple of months my self esteem, confidence and my anxiety have gotten really bad. I feel as though I'm the only one on my course who has these issues as they all seem so confident and excited to do second year placement (I'm starting in August as I've finished first year). I feel as though I am not confident enough to start placement as I have no idea what I am doing and feel as though I am going to fail my course and the pressure is really getting me down to the point where I have felt like withdrawing because there is no way I am going to pass with these issues. My placement is only for 3 months but I am dreading even the thought of going to work in a place with qualified people and I will be no where near as professional and confident as them. Is anyone going through similar issues that can provide guidance and advice, I don't no who to speak to and have no one to speak to about the fear and doubt that I have about my self everyday and its beginning to really depress me and my outlook on life.
First off, you are not alone. Others may hide or cover up what they're feeling but plenty of student struggle with anxiety and lack of confidence. Even people in the work place may do so. Make sure you get the right help and support you need when you need it and don't struggle by yourself. Placements can be scary but remember that you're there to learn. You won't be the first student they've had and if you are most likely the uni will have been to check out the place and see that they have the right environment for you to do a placement. Generally people like having students around because they can teach you about stuff they're interested in and it takes them away from their usual day-to-day stuff to some extent. Placements also tend to be enjoyable for the student because they can see how what they've learnt applies to the work place and be inspired (or not!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending