The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by swopnil
All of the December dates are now taken. There are still plenty of spaces for November tho (next week!!!).

Oh wow! How many? Do you think they could call people on such short notice?
Original post by jimout

It may just be they've already sent the invitations out but those people have yet to confirm.
Reply 582
Original post by neuralgal
It may just be they've already sent the invitations out but those people have yet to confirm.

That's true... I hope I hear soon tho... The wait is killing me!
Original post by jimout

that's what I was thinking.
It doesn't say how many exactly but there are still places available for all of the November interview dates (last time I checked).
Sorry if this has been answered already, I got a 'still in consideration' email last week and was wondering the earliest at which I could be updated on my application?
Reply 585
Still waiting to hear from them... Has anyone received any rejections at all?
Original post by TMG235
Still waiting to hear from them... Has anyone received any rejections at all?

I'm in the same boat, I haven't heard anything since the acknowledgment email.
Lots of slots in November left - I hope it is not because people have asked for a January date instead and used up slots for us still waiting and the November dates have gone to waste.
Straight from their interview website:

"If you are unable to attend your interview, please select 'Medicine cannot attend' on the registration form.
These are the only dates available for interviews and attending an interview is a required part of the selection process. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but cannot guarantee an alternative slot." http://www.bristol.ac.uk/applicants/interviews-visits/interviews/medicine/

Maybe some people couldn't make their interview and couldn't be accommodated on another date. For example, because we got those interviews instead (some optimistic thinking here).
Original post by CutieTootsie
There's an option when booking your interview to say you can't attend these dates. They'll eventually give you another one, don't worry. I did this and have mine in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I asked before but you didnt reply, how long did Bristol take to get back to you about a January slot? I told them around a week and a half ago that I wanted a January date but they havent gotten back to me yet.
Original post by BadLashes
Lots of slots in November left - I hope it is not because people have asked for a January date instead and used up slots for us still waiting and the November dates have gone to waste.

Mine was only moved to January because it was the only day with extra time allocated to the interview for those who are entitled to it (although I'm not sure why we need extra time? Is the interview going to be time pressured?)
Original post by TaslimaM
Hi I asked before but you didnt reply, how long did Bristol take to get back to you about a January slot? I told them around a week and a half ago that I wanted a January date but they havent gotten back to me yet.

I'm not sure because I didn't ask for a different date, they told me to get extra time I needed a specific date in January. My conversation was linked to the UKCATSEN.
Also, they said they don't guarantee a date change, only that they will try.

Hope this helps.
Original post by CutieTootsie
Mine was only moved to January because it was the only day with extra time allocated to the interview for those who are entitled to it (although I'm not sure why we need extra time? Is the interview going to be time pressured?)

Yeh I think its like mini stations where you only spend a certain amount of time (maybe 5 mins?) at each station. So thats why your interview date was changed? Thanks for letting me know, I guess I have to wait till all the November dates are filled.
Tbh, if the dates are next week, home candidates will likely be contacted as they're the only ones who could make it on such short notice.
Does anyone know when the last date is for being invited for an interview? I'm on a gap year and I really want to travel abroad but I can't until I hear from all my unis :// I know their last interviews take place in March/April but when can we expect to get invitations at the latest?
Reply 595
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479385929.007161.jpgTypically they give like 2 weeks notice at least? So like 2 weeks before the last date

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 Interview dates left, 5 gone. That is nearly half the number of slots! I would go next week rather than let a slot be wasted! I just hate the wait especially as this is my second year at it!
6 Interview dates left, 5 gone. That is nearly half the number of slots! I would go next week rather than let a slot be wasted! I just hate the wait especially as this is my second year at it!

Do you think they can still send out invites for November this week?
Also, how do people know which slots have and havent been filled??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by confusedspecimen
Do you think they can still send out invites for November this week?
Also, how do people know which slots have and havent been filled??

People who have got interview offers already have a link to the booking system so they can see vacancies in November.

Either some people have not bothered to book yet, or they have requested a January date or the university did not send out enough invites to fill the slots. your guess is as good as mine.
People who have got interview offers already have a link to the booking system so they can see vacancies in November.

Either some people have not bothered to book yet, or they have requested a January date or the university did not send out enough invites to fill the slots. your guess is as good as mine.

I got an interview invitation yesterday but all of the December dates filled up before I had chance to book one. There are only November slots available and so I have opted for 'cannot attend theses dates' because I have other commitments like volunteering and driving tests next week.

I've received an email from them telling me that they will let me know when other dates become available. I hope none of the January dates are full but I'll let you know in due time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending