Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    ** David Cameron confirms he will step down as prime minister by Wednesday evening at the latest
    ** Andrea Leadsom had previously pulled out of the Conservative leadership race, leaving Theresa May unnoposed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

This really is an exciting non-stop roller coaster at the moment. Politics has never been so exciting!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My reaction:

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean May wins by default or will they find a replacement to go against her?

Oh God I hope it's not the latter, that'd be Gove probably.

ReputationRep:
    That is not good. Why is she quitting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Does this mean May wins by default or will they find a replacement to go against her?

Oh God I hope it's not the latter, that'd be Gove probably.
    Should be May be default.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Wow. This is interesting.

ReputationRep:
    The corrupt media, journalists and politicians made unnecessary harsh accusations against her to oust her out of the election. <---That is the truth.
    She should have stayed strong and kept going.

ReputationRep:
    i'm impatiently waiting for 2 more minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

This really is an exciting non-stop roller coaster at the moment. Politics has never been so exciting!
    Wow. What will happen next?

I feel like everyone is bailing as they know how ruddy hard it's going to be to be PM with all this mess to sort out.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Wow. This is interesting.
    Right?! Politics is actually really interesting rn. Makes a change.

ReputationRep:
    Probably for the best. The weekend was an absolute car crash for her. Someone with such poor judgement isn't going to make a competent PM.

ReputationRep:
    Excited at the prospects of the new Prime Minister being a remain voter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    And...she is gone!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Graceful speech though. Cant say May is an improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Probably for the best. The weekend was an absolute car crash for her. Someone with such poor judgement isn't going to make a competent PM.
    It was not poor judgement. She was misunderstood, and unnecessary harsh accusations were made against her to oust her out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    It was not poor judgement. She was misunderstood, and unnecessary harsh accusations were made against her to oust her out.
    It was her job to make herself understood then. Not our fault she's THAT incompetent. If she couldn't handle a weekend's worth of questioning and doubt from the public, how would she have handled it for 5 years?

ReputationRep:
    The leave campaigners don't want to clean up the mess this country made by Brexit. Absolute ******** how each one of the most prominent Conservative Brexiters have said no to leadership of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Politics has never been so exciting!
    so true, for a moment a couple of days ago I even considered changing my dream job of lecturer in organic and biological chemistry to becoming a politician or a member of parliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    To quote her exact tweet in response to the Times article "the exact opposite of what I said". The Times responded by realising an audio recording confirming it was precisely what she said. I know there are going to be lots of conspiracy theories about the evil machinations of the Conservative Party, but she dug her own grave.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.