The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you ask your college they might let you apply through them even though you're not studying there any more...Just use their buzzword etc. and that way you can just get a reference from your college.
Reply 2
Failing that, I don't know who could give me a reference.

Could I apply as an individual, and then contact my tutor to send me a reference by e-mail or whatever? Or must it be through the college?

Thanks
Reply 3
Do you have an employer?
Reply 4
Unfortunately, not at the moment.
Yes, you can apply as an individual, then your tutor will need to email you your reference and you'll need to enter it on the form yourself.
Reply 6
I think there are other people who can write references to - search the UCAS site for details, but it must not be a relative and the referee must have known you for at least two years. If you have applied before and are wanting to take the same course this year, you could use your old reference, if you have a copy of it, but perhaps check with your college first.

Good Luck
Reply 7
As far as I have read, you can only get away with a non-academic reference as a mature student..
Reply 8
the_man12345
Failing that, I don't know who could give me a reference.

Could I apply as an individual, and then contact my tutor to send me a reference by e-mail or whatever? Or must it be through the college?

Thanks

Yes, when you apply as an individual you put the reference in yourself but you will have to put contact details in for the referee so the university can check it so you cant fake it.

Latest

Trending

Trending