The Student Room Group

Warwick Admissions- an odd experience

Hi everyone,

I have recently got my IB results, and unfortunately I narrowly missed my the conditional offer of my firm (Warwick). In order to be able to apply for accommodation at my insurance (Exeter) and for a number of other reasons (I live in Hungary, it takes a lot of organisation to move an 18 year old..), I decided to withdraw my application from Warwick this morning. I was not rejected from Warwick, but my place wasn’t confirmed either. I believe I was good candidate for their clearing spots and thats why I was still in their system. Half an hour after I’ve sent my email to the admissions team about my withdrawal, I received a UCAS Track update, saying that my place became unconditional. I have sent another email enquiring about this, and also told them that my request was premature and should be considered annulled. Could this Track update have been a mistake from the Warwick Admissions Team? I contacted UCAS and they said everything seemed to be fine... I tried calling Warwick today, but every line was occupied..

Thank you very much for the help!
Original post by 16rkarda
Hi everyone,

I have recently got my IB results, and unfortunately I narrowly missed my the conditional offer of my firm (Warwick). In order to be able to apply for accommodation at my insurance (Exeter) and for a number of other reasons (I live in Hungary, it takes a lot of organisation to move an 18 year old..), I decided to withdraw my application from Warwick this morning. I was not rejected from Warwick, but my place wasn’t confirmed either. I believe I was good candidate for their clearing spots and thats why I was still in their system. Half an hour after I’ve sent my email to the admissions team about my withdrawal, I received a UCAS Track update, saying that my place became unconditional. I have sent another email enquiring about this, and also told them that my request was premature and should be considered annulled. Could this Track update have been a mistake from the Warwick Admissions Team? I contacted UCAS and they said everything seemed to be fine... I tried calling Warwick today, but every line was occupied..

Thank you very much for the help!

It's likely that Warwick saw your withdrawal email, panicked and accepted you with lower grades now rather than waiting until August.

A LOT of applicants are accepted with grades below their offer, in most cases universities will know now whether an applicant with IB results who missed their offer conditions is likely to be accepted or not. By withdrawing you forced them to make a decision quickly instead of keeping you hanging on for their own benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending