The Student Room Group

Travel Bursaries for Dissertation/Conference

Hello all,

Just wondering if you have any suggestions/ideas on where to apply for travel bursaries to complete research dissertation and to attend conferences?

Thank you.
Original post by summerwinter
Hello all,

Just wondering if you have any suggestions/ideas on where to apply for travel bursaries to complete research dissertation and to attend conferences?

Thank you.

it would be helpful to know which subject. I can think of one or two places for my own subject, but wouldn't have a clue outside of that.
Reply 2
Original post by gutenberg
it would be helpful to know which subject. I can think of one or two places for my own subject, but wouldn't have a clue outside of that.

Hello, I am doing an MSc in Healthcare - so probably something like healthcare, health, public health, wellbeing grants. Cheers
Ask your dept, if you are at a decent uni they should have some funds. Ask your supervisor, they will know where to look. The conference itself will probably offer bursaries. If you are at Oxbridge your college will have money. Then apply to societies like society for biology or whatever
Reply 4
Trade unions, charities, friendly societies, building societies, co-op, local churches, local health trusts.
Think of organisations that will benefit from your research and offer to share your findings with them. Think of any organisations you or your family have links with and search for bursaries in that area. Contact conference organisers and offer to work at the event or on admin, abstracts book etc in exchange for a free or reduced price place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending