The Student Room Group

University Transfer Reference problem

Hi people...

I am intending to transfer a new university. I have contacted them and they were kind enough to consider me for the entry this september. They have asked me to find a referee to pass on a reference of mine. The issue is that I have contacted my tutor to pass on a reference for me and he has said that he would pass on a reference but told me to submit a withdrawal form first.
I am thinking that logically I must secure a place first and then submit a withdrawal form (hence withdraw). I don't know whether it is wise to submit a withdrawal form while my application is still being considered by the university that I want to go. I have contacted my lecturers to see whether they can pass on a reference before I officially quit and they've all contacted my tutor back and told me to follow the steps my tutor suggested. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue please
Thanks
Cheers...
Reply 1
Unfortunately if you want that recommendation, then you have to do as your current uni instructs. If you want to transfer, then you need to withdraw first. Don't annoy your referee further by trying to go round them. If they gife you a lukewarm reference, you'll be in real trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending