Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi people...

    I am intending to transfer a new university. I have contacted them and they were kind enough to consider me for the entry this september. They have asked me to find a referee to pass on a reference of mine. The issue is that I have contacted my tutor to pass on a reference for me and he has said that he would pass on a reference but told me to submit a withdrawal form first.
    I am thinking that logically I must secure a place first and then submit a withdrawal form (hence withdraw). I don't know whether it is wise to submit a withdrawal form while my application is still being considered by the university that I want to go. I have contacted my lecturers to see whether they can pass on a reference before I officially quit and they've all contacted my tutor back and told me to follow the steps my tutor suggested. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue please

    Unfortunately if you want that recommendation, then you have to do as your current uni instructs. If you want to transfer, then you need to withdraw first. Don't annoy your referee further by trying to go round them. If they gife you a lukewarm reference, you'll be in real trouble.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.