The Student Room Group

Extremely stressed out

I'm extremely stressed out for my A2 results. I got ACC in my AS, which one C was 1 UMS away from a B and the other was 4 UMS marks off a B. My teachers said I was a solid ABB student but I had a little tumble.
A good friend of mine sadly passed away, and it shocked me and shaken me up mentally. I got to such a low where I overdosed on my antidepressants but survived. In my mocks I got CEU. But I feel like I'm not going to get into uni and so many courses are ending the spec so that means I'll have to start 2 years all over again
Reply 1
image.jpeg
Even if you don't get in (you actually might surprise yourself) and even though the majority of the new specs will have started in September, you can still resit modules from the old spec.

Have faith in yourself!
Hey!! Im so sorry to hear that, thats awful :frown: I'm also getting my A2's on thursday and am very stressed too, but you should keep in mind that some letters on a piece of paper don't determine your future or how successful you're gonna be! Try not to stress; for all you know, you could well be into uni and just worrying for the hell of it!

If you don't get in, it really isn't the end of the world. We think it is because the teachers say it is, and we begin to tell ourselves that if we don't get in the first time then our life is over, its not at all! Worst case scenario, have a year out, maybe go travelling or work to get some money, and reapply. Yes, you may have to retake, but so will a lot of others. It's a pain in the ass, but it will all be worth it in the end, I assure you that. Sometimes the best things in life just take a bit longer!!

Try not to let it get to you too bad and just focus on keeping yourself busy until results; think of everyone else in the same position, you aren't alone!! x

Quick Reply

Latest