The Student Room Group

extenuating circumstances declined

hi there, I put a claim for extenuating circumstances and it was denied despite me providing proof of my dads heart surgery which made things stressful and worrying. I also had caught covid and tested positive and sent the confirmation of the covid positive test but they said this is not sufficient as it doesn't show how it affected my studies. its been around 3 weeks since my covid + test. I managed to get a doctors appointment for end of next week with the hope of them being able to provide me with a sick note backdated. and the effects that im still feeling, extreme tiredness, constant headaches. has anyone been in this unfair situation im feeling soo stressded because of the declined and capped at 40 grade on 3 modules I haven't got the motivation to continue in this case its just stressing me out too much.

has anyone else been in this situation and found things rlly stressful with putting a claim in
Original post by NONAME4343
hi there, I put a claim for extenuating circumstances and it was denied despite me providing proof of my dads heart surgery which made things stressful and worrying. I also had caught covid and tested positive and sent the confirmation of the covid positive test but they said this is not sufficient as it doesn't show how it affected my studies. its been around 3 weeks since my covid + test. I managed to get a doctors appointment for end of next week with the hope of them being able to provide me with a sick note backdated. and the effects that im still feeling, extreme tiredness, constant headaches. has anyone been in this unfair situation im feeling soo stressded because of the declined and capped at 40 grade on 3 modules I haven't got the motivation to continue in this case its just stressing me out too much.

has anyone else been in this situation and found things rlly stressful with putting a claim in

You've said that they denied the Covid aspect because the claim "doesn't show how it affected my studies". What about the impact of your dad's heart surgery? Was that dismissed in a similar way?

Did you take any advice before claiming extenuating circumstances? It sounds very much like that very much need you to go beyond a simple "This and this happened", and to add "and the impact on my studies was X, Y and Z".
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You've said that they denied the Covid aspect because the claim "doesn't show how it affected my studies". What area bout the impact of your dad's heart surgery? Was that dismissed in a similar way?

Did you take any advice before claiming extenuating circumstances? It sounds very much like that very much need you to go beyond a simple "This and this happened", and to add "and the impact on my studies was X, Y and Z".

yeah sadly they just said it was insufficient despite me explaining the stress iv been feeling. I have sent a message to my GP hopefully will be able to get a medical note which they just want to show how covid affected my studies. very stressful process I have got to say its really made me feel more worse
Reply 3
this seems unfair

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending