The Student Room Group

Do bilinguals think in their weaker language?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123teddy
malayalam , its an indian language :h:

So you can think in Malayalam? Can you think in any other languages (apart from English and Malayalam)?
nop
nop

Can you think in Malayalam?
yes
yes

So you can think in 2 languages?
yes
yes

Do you think in English 99% of the time? Do you have to force yourself to think in Malayalam?
Bump
Bump....
I'm bilingual in English and Brazilian Portuguese, I'm weaker in Portuguese since I was born and bred in the UK, but I think in whatever language I'm speaking in at the time. I also dream in both which is so trippy...:s-smilie:
Original post by namelesshipster
I'm bilingual in English and Brazilian Portuguese, I'm weaker in Portuguese since I was born and bred in the UK, but I think in whatever language I'm speaking in at the time. I also dream in both which is so trippy...:s-smilie:

Can you think in Portuguese? Can you think in English? Can you think in any other languages?
Yeah, I can speak 5 languages in total but I only think in those other languages when I am around people who speak that language, I also can think in them anyways but 90% it's English
in English, even though it's my second language. I think in English even when I'm speaking in Romanian
Original post by cloudy1012
in English, even though it's my second language. I think in English even when I'm speaking in Romanian

I'm sorry... I’ve been asking everywhere and my exam is this week. Do you know the questions to the Spanish AQA Higher Writing 2020? I'm very stressed at the moment and will certainly appreciate it.
Yes I do, do you still need them??
Original post by momoneyme89

I speak three languages, (four but not fluent in the last one).
It depends on my mood tbh.
Original post by cloudy1012
Yes I do, do you still need them??

Yes please thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending