The Student Room Group

Orthoptics 2017

I am going to apply for the Orthoptics course for entry in 2017. As it is an small course, who else is interested in applying for Orthoptics.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am:-) Finding it hard to get any work experience though, I spent 3 days with Specsavers but it's hard to write about that in my personal statement without sounding like I want to apply for optometry
Reply 2
Ahh thats good to hear :smile: I know that it s hard to find experience especially observing an Orthoptic clinic! Mabye you can talk more what you have done in extracurricular eg volunteering. It can show your caring and compassionate side
Reply 3
heyy can anyone tell me what's the likelihood of me getting into Orthoptics with predicted grades as ABC/ACC with the A in English literature, B/C in Chemistry and C in Maths as i don't meet the full requirements of BBB. Thanks
Reply 4
I'm going to be applying for Orthoptics! Where have you applied?
Reply 5
Im applying to Sheffield and Glasgow but I really don't want to go Glasgow as it is so far. Whats your predicted grades~?
Reply 6
Mine are A*AA but i've heard they're more interested in your personal statement and reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
that's amazing well done! i'm quite scared I keep changing my personal statement. Have you sent yours off yet? And what other course you applying to?
Reply 8
i've sent mine to school but it hasn't been sent to UCAS yet, i'm so scared!! I'm only applying for orthoptics, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm applying to Optometry as well cause Orthoptics only takes up two of my choices. But I highly doubt ill get an offer for it. :/
Reply 10
I am applying sheffeild and liverpool and galsgow and i am inly applibg for this. Its nice to see peoeple that are actually applying for the course- i am always having to explain it.
Reply 11
I'm still so stuck on my personal statement. I don't know how to relate it to Orthoptics. Have you guys done any work experience for it>?
I was wondering is it possible to do three of your choices for Optometry and two for Orthoptics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
im applying for orthoptics and a biology degree, how do i structure my personal statement? my first choice will obviously be orthoptics but im worried that my ps wont be good.
Original post by hansieeee
I am going to apply for the Orthoptics course for entry in 2017. As it is a small course, who else is interested in applying for Orthoptics.

I am. Where are you applying to?
Reply 15
Has anyone got an email from Sheffield to attend mandatory orthoptics open day?
no, have sent your form off already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an email for the open day! Which one are you going to? I'm going to the one on 7th December :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the career prospects for orthoptists? Are there enough vacancies?
I don't know whether to go to the December open day to get it out of the way or the February one so I can see what kind of thing happens at the open day, do you think they would base who gets an interview from that day? And has anyone got specific orthoptics experience? i have rang and emailed every hospital and they don't seem to offer any:-(

Quick Reply

Latest