The Student Room Group

Requirements for university

I have just got my as level results! For chemistry and biology and will carry on doing biology, graphic design communication and photography a levels next year A2, I would then like to do a art and design foundation course before going to university, to do graphic design communication or illustration. So my question is will my biology a level hold me back for doing the arts as I will only have 2 art based subjects. I really enjoy biology which is why I'm don't want to drop it, but will universities still accept my a level biology if I want to do something art based.?? Thank you for your time and I hope this made sense 😊
Original post by colourcreative
I have just got my as level results! For chemistry and biology and will carry on doing biology, graphic design communication and photography a levels next year A2, I would then like to do a art and design foundation course before going to university, to do graphic design communication or illustration. So my question is will my biology a level hold me back for doing the arts as I will only have 2 art based subjects. I really enjoy biology which is why I'm don't want to drop it, but will universities still accept my a level biology if I want to do something art based.?? Thank you for your time and I hope this made sense 😊

It's all about the portfolio. Biology won't hold you back at all.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's all about the portfolio. Biology won't hold you back at all.

Thank you!
Original post by colourcreative

Hey there,

Most universities entry requirements are C and above. They don't specify which subjects you have to have. Some student actually apply for an art foundation with no art base subject, only a portfolio.
If you want to look at foundation then I would recommend you have a portfolio of your work and the reasons why you want to apply.

Here at Ravensbourne we do Foundation courses that you might want to consider. (Click Here for our home page)
We are located in London, next to the o2 if you're interested.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!
Kay

Quick Reply

Latest