The Student Room Group

Retaking year 12

Hello,
I wasn't sure what thread to put this under so I hope this one is okay.

I got my AS results last week and I achieved an A in Maths, B in Media, C in Drama and D in physics; I was satisfied but not too pleased. I got a fairly low A in Maths which makes getting an A* overall at A2 more difficult. I'm also disappointed with my Physics result.

I know I don't have to but I was considering re-doing year 12. I want to study computer science at Uni and a lot of places require at least one A* and the rest A's, if not then it is usually AAA. Although not impossible, I feel my best chance of getting those grades is redoing the year.

In addition to this I didn't do further maths this year which a lot of universities prefer for computer science. I am allowed to take just the AS in year 13 but this isn't well recognized and the A2 would be more beneficial. My sixth form are also offering a computer science A level this year which wasn't available last year, I would like to pick that up also so I would do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and computer science.

Has anyone else ever retaken year 12 and not had to? Are there any disadvantages to doing so?

Thank you,

Owen
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest