The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It isn't really about money/class/background no. Obviously I'd want someone financially stable but they don't have to be filthy rich like OP wants. I always got the impression that if you stick by your guy through anything and you become rich together, he'll know you're not as shallow.

I agree it's about finding the right man and sticking by him but I can see why someone financially stable/successful would be desirable especially when you have kids. Of course if you stick by him and support him then he'll be more likely to succeed anyway and the support of his girl whatever should be the least a man gets but I don't think the OP was saying she just wants to be with any rich man just that she'd like to meet a man who can support her in future as well as clicking with him.
Original post by MissEllieL
I agree it's about finding the right man and sticking by him but I can see why someone financially stable/successful would be desirable especially when you have kids. Of course if you stick by him and support him then he'll be more likely to succeed anyway and the support of his girl whatever should be the least a man gets but I don't think the OP was saying she just wants to be with any rich man just that she'd like to meet a man who can support her in future as well as clicking with him.

And that one's incredibly hard mainly because rich kids like sticking to their class or wealth bracket. One of my friends dated an Old Etonian and he was shocked when he found out she turned down a private school for a public school. They didn't last that long because they were from two completely different worlds. I haven't had chemistry with any rich kids for the same reason.
And that one's incredibly hard mainly because rich kids like sticking to their class or wealth bracket. One of my friends dated an Old Etonian and he was shocked when he found out she turned down a private school for a public school. They didn't last that long because they were from two completely different worlds. I haven't had chemistry with any rich kids for the same reason.

That makes sense, that part of the clicking is the shared background, things in common from going up, going out to the same places, kind of people they hang out with I guess. And expectations from the families :tongue:
Original post by MissEllieL
That makes sense, that part of the clicking is the shared background, things in common from going up, going out to the same places, kind of people they hang out with I guess. And expectations from the families :tongue:

Yeah haha :tongue: Anyway to OP, I'd say stop being so lazy and get into a good uni. Maybe if you have a good work ethic and have a good personality you'll find someone. Cut out of the shallowness and maybe rich kids won't take advantage of you.
Original post by That'sGreat
OP asks for no negativity, is she so blind to how ridiculous she is? She is marrying someone for money, and we all know what will happen. Shell get divorced, never having worked a day in her life, and take the guys home, dog and half of his money, and if they have kids she can expect his yacht as well. For that reason we can't just bash this off as if its an innocent thing to do, she will end up ruining someones life. Good thing is she's too poor, materialistic, self absorbed and stupid to ever even get in the same room as a rich guy. Do you think you'll walk down the street and have someone propose to you? Ignorant little girl

Sorry for the late reply but I'm not being ridiculous at all. Did your crystal ball tell you that I'll end up divorced? Stop spouting vicious ****..I want to marry wealthy and theres no shame in admitting that. I don't want to settle for mediocre, I want to live super comfortably. P.s. You need to learn some manners boo, calling people stupid isn't very nice x
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry for the late reply but I'm not being ridiculous at all. Did your crystal ball tell you that I'll end up divorced? Stop spouting vicious ****..I want to marry wealthy and theres no shame in admitting that. I don't want to settle for mediocre, I want to live super comfortably. P.s. You need to learn some manners boo, calling people stupid isn't very nice x

You can live very comfortably without riches. Why do you want THAT MUCH money????
If you mean "rich enough to send their kids to a private school" when you say well off then yes I am from a well off family. We're not that rich though.

Idk perhaps because I could actually hold a conversation with them and I got on well with them? I didn't date them for the money. Rich kids can sense if someone's dating them for the money or not. And honestly, most rich kids at this age LOVE to just sleep around and if they want to date, they prefer sticking to someone as rich as them so then they aren't too different.

I spoke to a rich guy I went out on a date with and he even told me that most rich families prefer other rich kids to be married into the family because they're traditional in that sense.

If you want to find a rich man, then I suggest (like many others have in this thread), that you work your ass off, get a job and work your way up instead of wanting to take the easy route and sponging off someone

If you're going to go for someone rich purely for the money, they'll just use you and ditch you.

Yh you're well off if you can afford to go to a private school.How do you think that they sense that your with them for their money?
Original post by leavingthecity
You can live very comfortably without riches. Why do you want THAT MUCH money????

Idk maybe its because I'm from a crappy background but I want to spend and live without limits and ensure that my kids will never be financially unstable

If there's no shame in admitting that you want to marry wealthy, then why are you anonymous?
Idk maybe its because I'm from a crappy background but I want to spend and live without limits and ensure that my kids will never be financially unstable

Despite the dismissive comments I made earlier disagreeing with anyone's need to marry money, I understand the desire to never experience financial instability, hunger, cold, vulnerability and the other things that you may have experienced coming from a dysfunctional family. I have experienced all the things and far worse. I want to get as far away from that as I can possibly take myself. I will make sure that I am never there again, ever. I have chronic nightmares about that place by night and by day I'm working to create the best possible chance for myself in life.

Now that I have been working and have earned enough to have some nice things and experiences along with having experienced working around a lot of very wealthy men (on desks where everyone literally has a 50k Rolex and they take them off and chuck them through the air for each other to catch) it has become very apparent that the best way to do it is by yourself. When you do get married, marry someone financially stable and hard working. I've been taken out by, been in relationships with and even had a proposal from wealthy men but they're not going to treat you well many of them and once you've been replaced by this years model you won't have the resources to keep the lifestyle. There's a high risk in that strategy of ending up back at square one, and that's why it's not my strategy.
How do you think that they sense that your with them for their money?

You're poor, they'll sense it.
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)
Any suggestions on how to bag a rich guy are welcome :smile:

Having dated my fair share of rich men. Money means nothing to me anymore. I'm from a poor family and I can tell you going for money is silly its temporary happiness trust meeee I have experienced it
Become an air hostess for Emirates. Saudi has lots of twisted young oil millionaires, I hear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Let's just be straight, anyone who has worked towards being wealthy will realise you're after their money and make you sign an agreement deeming you unable to take anything in his name during a divorce. So if he does buy you a car and gifts when you divorce because let's be real, you will.. Especially since you're a greedy piece of ****, you'll be left with nothing.

Try building towards your own future rather than leeching off of someone else's.
Gold digger...
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)

Imperial college is where the richest guys will be at.
Yh you're well off if you can afford to go to a private school.How do you think that they sense that your with them for their money?

*you're

No idea they just do. Maybe because I go for the cheaper option on dates. I suggest OP for like the 3rd time, that instead of being lazy, you work on yourself and get rich alone. Maybe then you'll get noticed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 217
Interesting read!If you can't become a wealth manager at Coutts... try and become a news reader. Rich men love being seen with famous pretty women. Most men are also on the take.I very much wish I'd thought about this at 19, as you have, well done i say. In my experience, poor men also misbehave and leave their wives for other women, so you might aswell try to secure yourself a lucrative divorce. You could go for an older guy that you don't really have feelings for, and he will have divorced you by the time you are 25 - leaving you young and potentially financially secure.Always be working towards your career goals simultaneously.

Dear Ms. Pretty,

Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours.
From the standpoint of an investor, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.
Put the details aside, what you're trying to do is an exchange of "beauty" and "money" : Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there's a problem here, your beauty will fade, but the money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, the income might increase from year to year, but you can't be prettier year after year.
Hence from the viewpoint of economics, the rich man is an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It's not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.
By the terms investors use in Wall Street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a "trading position".
If the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term - same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or "leased".
Anyone with who is rich is not a fool; they would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with. This has better chance than finding a rich fool.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Go to classy hotel bars. Hang around in the circles of rich men. You can't be expecting to bag a billionaire whilst going on the pull in your town's night club every Friday

20 reps? If I wanted a rich wife what would society say?

Original post by UWS
Are you even ready for a proper relationship? Not even finished A2 and want to start dating a rich guy for his money lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's looking forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending