The Student Room Group

Rant about parents

I seriously hate my parents so much, especially my mum. She thinks she knows everything and almost once a week she brings up marriage, iam literally 14. She’s always saying stuff like ‘you need to find a husband that will give you money’, ‘you need to get a husband that doesn’t smoke’ (when she says that she’s referring to my dad, they have a bad relationship and always says this stuff to stop me from marrying a man like my dad). She also says it like she had the perfect marriage and that the pair of them weren’t in poverty when they had me and my brother, she’s saying it like she didn’t send me off to a country that nearly got me r@ped and kidnapped in for 2 years so she could make money for us, when me and my brother came back to the country we were born in we were literally still poor so that was quite pointless. Her stupidity always makes me wonder if she’s a child in adult form, we have recently bought a new house and she always brags about how she and my dad worked so hard for it, like you literally didn’t, you had to borrow money for both houses you ‘bought’

My parents also abused me when i was growing up, growing up I had ‘bad behaviour’. The bad behaviour that occurs when you’re going through puberty, but none of it justifys for what they did to me, my dad would make me workout and play sports all summer, he didn’t go to work that summer so stayed home with our family, that summer was hell because all he did was call me a ‘pig’ and ‘fatty’. He kicked me in the stomach once because I didn’t work out and this was the time my ED developed, I started binge eating when I was sad and eating in small portions when I thought I was too big, i started to count calories and stopped eating the foods that once brought me happiness. That ED lasted 3 years.

Whenever they are stressed they take it on me, like it’s my fault. When they have a **** day they need to make your day **** too, and my mum is just so horrible, once she beat me up with a hanger so bad that it broke and I had marks all over my arms and legs, I also remember this one incident from when I was like 8, I was playing with my brother and I think I accidentally kicked him and his nose started bleeding. I remember feeling so much fear when my brother told on me, she came in my room and started hitting me with a hanger like she usually does. Obviously it made marks on me and the next day she told me to wear tights to school and asked if I would tell the teachers, I think a part of her knew it was wrong, but she kept doing it for the following years.

I also hate her for expecting so much from my little sister, she’s going to turn 5 soon and already she shouts at her for not knowing her numeracy and pressures her to do well in school.
Pls get help from school. None of that is normal.
Reply 2
I am sorry to hear about your abusive parents. You might want to post this on this support group: https://old.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/

Given how much physical harm they've committed, you and your siblings could be in serious danger. If so, report this ASAP: https://www.gov.uk/report-child-abuse

Disclaimer: I am no expert in these matters. There seems to be no 100% winning option: finding different parents could take a long time, and being in a shelter would be tough too. In the meantime, maintain and develop your physical strength and mental fortitude. I am not too sure about fighting back too hard; you don't want to be on the losing end of a serious fight. But you can make it difficult for them to assault you.

How old is your brother? You can be emancipated at 16. If he's older, he should be looking out for you too, when your parents attack you. Ideally when you both have enough strength, you both confront them and force them to never strike you or abuse you again - but that might not seem viable.

Disclaimer again: You need to reach out to authorities - your school, social workers, the government; even the police if you're ready to leave home. This is beyond this forum's pay grade (unless someone who's dealt with physically abusive parents chimes in).
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I seriously hate my parents so much, especially my mum. She thinks she knows everything and almost once a week she brings up marriage, iam literally 14. She’s always saying stuff like ‘you need to find a husband that will give you money’, ‘you need to get a husband that doesn’t smoke’ (when she says that she’s referring to my dad, they have a bad relationship and always says this stuff to stop me from marrying a man like my dad). She also says it like she had the perfect marriage and that the pair of them weren’t in poverty when they had me and my brother, she’s saying it like she didn’t send me off to a country that nearly got me r@ped and kidnapped in for 2 years so she could make money for us, when me and my brother came back to the country we were born in we were literally still poor so that was quite pointless. Her stupidity always makes me wonder if she’s a child in adult form, we have recently bought a new house and she always brags about how she and my dad worked so hard for it, like you literally didn’t, you had to borrow money for both houses you ‘bought’

My parents also abused me when i was growing up, growing up I had ‘bad behaviour’. The bad behaviour that occurs when you’re going through puberty, but none of it justifys for what they did to me, my dad would make me workout and play sports all summer, he didn’t go to work that summer so stayed home with our family, that summer was hell because all he did was call me a ‘pig’ and ‘fatty’. He kicked me in the stomach once because I didn’t work out and this was the time my ED developed, I started binge eating when I was sad and eating in small portions when I thought I was too big, i started to count calories and stopped eating the foods that once brought me happiness. That ED lasted 3 years.

Whenever they are stressed they take it on me, like it’s my fault. When they have a **** day they need to make your day **** too, and my mum is just so horrible, once she beat me up with a hanger so bad that it broke and I had marks all over my arms and legs, I also remember this one incident from when I was like 8, I was playing with my brother and I think I accidentally kicked him and his nose started bleeding. I remember feeling so much fear when my brother told on me, she came in my room and started hitting me with a hanger like she usually does. Obviously it made marks on me and the next day she told me to wear tights to school and asked if I would tell the teachers, I think a part of her knew it was wrong, but she kept doing it for the following years.

I also hate her for expecting so much from my little sister, she’s going to turn 5 soon and already she shouts at her for not knowing her numeracy and pressures her to do well in school.

I have been in your situation to the point I was getting strangled and I had to run away and I went back into care, and I feel happier within my self, knowing I'm in a safe environment where they won't hit me, I was scared at first to tell someone, but I highly recommend you do because you will feel a lot better once it's done, it is hard but you can do this
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

I'm sorry for the situation you are in, it's really unpleasant for you.
You are of an age now where you are able to express your feeling to your parents and tell them what they are doing is wrong and you are no longer willing to put up with it.
If they don't change the way you are being treated you will report them to the authorities either school or social services as the way they are presently treating you is making you ill and miserable and is unfair.
You have put up with it for long enough, either they get off your case and you all get along together, which is what you would like, or you will go to your doctor /social services etc and tell them how you are being treated, you don't want to do that, you just want to be happy and normal.
For your part try to keep away from situations you know will lead to acrimony and find ways to enjoy yourself out of the house, look for a good friend to spend quality time with, keep a diary so you can refer back to incidents, but tackle it with a positive attitude hoping for a good outcome.
I hope all works out well for you, best wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending