The Student Room Group

Collecting things from ex's

So me and my ex broke up 3 months ago. A very messy break up, she's crazy, and probably so am I. Anyway I have some things at her house, but we've both blocked eachother on everything so I can't message her. I'm thinking about turning up at her house to get collect everything tomorrow and I know she will go ape sh** at me for turning up. I don't want anything to do with her and these belongings of mine are the only thing connecting us. I don't want her to think I'm a freak for turning up. Is it a bad thing for me to go to her house unexpectedly? What else am I meant to do without looking like a stalker?
Do you have a trusted relative or friend you could send over?
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my ex broke up 3 months ago. A very messy break up, she's crazy, and probably so am I. Anyway I have some things at her house, but we've both blocked eachother on everything so I can't message her. I'm thinking about turning up at her house to get collect everything tomorrow and I know she will go ape sh** at me for turning up. I don't want anything to do with her and these belongings of mine are the only thing connecting us. I don't want her to think I'm a freak for turning up. Is it a bad thing for me to go to her house unexpectedly? What else am I meant to do without looking like a stalker?

Just do it. She has no right to go ape **** on you for wanting to collect your stuff. If she's that much of a psycho though, send a friend or sibling round to collect your stuff for you
If you go, definitely take a responsible friend. Someone who will stay calm and tell you if it's time to leave. Start with an apology (even if you don't mean it). If it's been three months, don't be surprised to find that your stuff went out in a couple of bin bags a few weeks back.
you should have tried to get your stuff before now... I would personally take someone with you and write a quick list of what you need to collect, knock on the door, apologise for intruding and say you want to collect some stuff is now a good time or can you arrange another time and leave her with a list of what to collect together

if you have any mutual friends who could get in touch it's probably easier to get in touch through someone else and try and arrange a time for a mutual friend to pick the stuff up
As users above have said, mutual friends.

Or even put a note through he door to ask if you can come by on x date and pick it up, then at least she will be expecting you, or will make plans to be out of the house whilst you collect.

With things like this, try not to make it harder than it already is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending