The Student Room Group

My parents aren't letting me do any extra curriculars

I have kinda orthodox parents, and while I love them to bits, it's beginning to get to me because I am to start Sixth Form and I need to have plenty of enrichment if I want to have a chance at medicine. The problem is, my mum wants me to be a 'good traditional daughter' and stay at home, when I want to do Duke of Edinburgh and go on residentials. I'm not even allowed to go anywhere alone, even if it is down the road, but my younger brother can. He's been allowed to go on every residential so far without asking, while I begged for weeks with no luck. I've tried to explain to her and talk to her but she just doesn't listen and tells me she doesn't want other people 'making things up about me'. Unfortunately, my extended family have the mentality of children, and they start to spread rumours if they see me even glance at a guy. While I understand her point of view, I tried to tell her I don't care what they think, but nope. If I don't do any extra curricular activities, then how the hell am I to get into such a competitive course, which they want me to get into as well. They just want me to come home at 3 pm sharp and I don't know what to do. I've got a residential coming up for Biology A-Level and it is mandatory, and I'm scared I won't be allowed to go. Please help.
Maybe ask your tutor / careers advisor about what things you can do that won't upset your mum to much. Or maybe you can get your careers advisor to speak with your parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that the OP is either a Muslim, or from an otherwise aggressively religious family. Most likely the former.
Tell her to get with the times no girl is a good housewives these days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending