The Student Room Group

Opinion on rescheduling a uni interview twice?

So i rescheduled my first interview because I had something really important come up last second, my next interview is on Monday now, but I’ve been extremely sick. I’ve been in bed since 6pm yesterday and I can barely get up, I think I might have a virus. I haven’t even been able to revise for my Alevel which has me gutted. I’m scared I’ll still be sick on Monday and won’t have time to prepare for the interview. I’ve never cancelled or rescheduled any interview before, I guess I just got unlucky. Question is do you think I should reschedule or would that reduce my chances of getting an offer and make me look unprofessional? It’s the university of Hertfordshire.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
This Monday coming is a bank holiday. Are you sure it's on Monday?

You can always call them first thing on Monday (assuming you are correct?) and tell them you feel really bad but your sick and don't know if it's COVID because you don't have tests. You don't want to risk anyone infecting who might be vulnerale by coming in - and was wondering if you could rebook. Let them know if you cannot rebook then you'll understand and would like to do a video call instead if needs be.

If they say you absoloutely cannot rescheudle, the interviewer might not know you've said your ill. So state this right at the beginning so they can bear in mind if you seem off.

I never had any uni interviews but I don't think they can be that bad. Just talk about any extra curricular stuff you do, why the course means so much to you and what you're hoping to learn at your time at uni.

Worst case scenario they'll see you tried you best whilst you were feeling rough and that's great.
Reply 2
Original post by Craig_93
This Monday coming is a bank holiday. Are you sure it's on Monday?

You can always call them first thing on Monday (assuming you are correct?) and tell them you feel really bad but your sick and don't know if it's COVID because you don't have tests. You don't want to risk anyone infecting who might be vulnerale by coming in - and was wondering if you could rebook. Let them know if you cannot rebook then you'll understand and would like to do a video call instead if needs be.

If they say you absoloutely cannot rescheudle, the interviewer might not know you've said your ill. So state this right at the beginning so they can bear in mind if you seem off.

I never had any uni interviews but I don't think they can be that bad. Just talk about any extra curricular stuff you do, why the course means so much to you and what you're hoping to learn at your time at uni.

Worst case scenario they'll see you tried you best whilst you were feeling rough and that's great.

Yes it’s 100% this Monday. It’s an online interview I would never come for the interview if it was face to face as I wouldn’t want to infect anyone haha. If I have to reschedule I don’t need to talk to anyone I just cancel and book another interview online but I don’t know if that is unprofessional. I can have my next interview on the coming Saturday which is good.
Reply 3
Original post by 16Stars
Yes it’s 100% this Monday. It’s an online interview I would never come for the interview if it was face to face as I wouldn’t want to infect anyone haha. If I have to reschedule I don’t need to talk to anyone I just cancel and book another interview online but I don’t know if that is unprofessional. I can have my next interview on the coming Saturday which is good.

If this is one of your top choices, or you have doubts whether you'll get into the other ones, I would call them and send them an email letting them know that you don't wanna give off the wrong impression. Cos without speaking to them they might just assume you aren't interested if you've already had one cancellation.

I'd say tweet them, email them, call them and leave a voicemail if needs be.

If they don't get hold of you in time then I guess cancelling would be best rather than looking like you didn't show up but if you can show you tried to contact them say 24 hours before the interview, then they'll be able to see on the emails/voicemails that you made the effort to update them even if you have to cancel it.

Good luck and don't be worried! I'm sure you'll do great.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Craig_93
If this is one of your top choices, or you have doubts whether you'll get into the other ones, I would call them and send them an email letting them know that you don't wanna give off the wrong impression. Cos without speaking to them they might just assume you aren't interested if you've already had one cancellation.

I'd say tweet them, email them, call them and leave a voicemail if needs be.

If they don't get hold of you in time then I guess cancelling would be best rather than looking like you didn't show up but if you can show you tried to contact them say 24 hours before the interview, then they'll be able to see on the emails/voicemails that you made the effort to update them even if you have to cancel it.

Good luck and don't be worried! I'm sure you'll do great.

That’s a good idea, thanks a lot I’ll do that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending