The Student Room Group

Msc Finance Loan

Hi there,

My name is Daniel. I have applied for a Student Loan with a company which helps students to get a loan to pay theirs tuition fees and repay a small amount when will be earning over 21.000,00 pounds per year, however, the University of Northumbria, which was the University chosen by me to do my Master degree, has replied me, asking more details about my status in the UK.

I have been living in the UK since 2000. As an Italian European citizen, I am entitled to inquire a loan as long as I am residing in the UK.

In the year of 2011, I have left the UK to go back to my country to start my graduation, due the tuition fee here will be more than I could afford, therefore, I have graduated and come back to England, in order to start my Master, unfortunately, the company who is in charge of my application has informed, that I should be in the country for at least 3 years before I apply for a University.

I hope you could give me the advice to see whether I have any other way to begin my Master this year.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Daniel
Reply 1
Original post by Dennyboybr
Hi there,

My name is Daniel. I have applied for a Student Loan with a company which helps students to get a loan to pay theirs tuition fees and repay a small amount when will be earning over 21.000,00 pounds per year, however, the University of Northumbria, which was the University chosen by me to do my Master degree, has replied me, asking more details about my status in the UK.

I have been living in the UK since 2000. As an Italian European citizen, I am entitled to inquire a loan as long as I am residing in the UK.

In the year of 2011, I have left the UK to go back to my country to start my graduation, due the tuition fee here will be more than I could afford, therefore, I have graduated and come back to England, in order to start my Master, unfortunately, the company who is in charge of my application has informed, that I should be in the country for at least 3 years before I apply for a University.

I hope you could give me the advice to see whether I have any other way to begin my Master this year.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Daniel

If I understand your situation correctly, I think you have been misinformed.

If you are applying for a Masters degree at an English university, then you should qualify for a Student Finance Postgraduate Loan without needing to be resident in the UK for a set number of years. You just need to have been living in the *EU* for the past three years and be living in England on the first day of your course. From what you've told us, you do meet that residency requirement.

These are the basic eligibility criteria:
*https://www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan/eligibility

I think you need to contact Student Finance again and get this clarified. Make sure they understand that you are talking about the Postgraduate Loan and not undergraduate finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending