The Student Room Group

Paying for Msc

hi

I'm thinking of doing an MSc, but it's 30k.

Would student fiance provide a loan for it? I'm just wondering what the maximum student finance would lend?

Are maintenance loans available for doing an MSc?

Is it worth doing a Msc straight after a degree? I'm worried I cant find a job straight away so thinking of doing a Msc to improve my chances of getting a job.

Any info about how to pay for a MSc would be helpful...
Original post by dinesh2001
hi

I'm thinking of doing an MSc, but it's 30k.

Would student fiance provide a loan for it? I'm just wondering what the maximum student finance would lend?

Are maintenance loans available for doing an MSc?

Is it worth doing a Msc straight after a degree? I'm worried I cant find a job straight away so thinking of doing a Msc to improve my chances of getting a job.

Any info about how to pay for a MSc would be helpful...

Hi,
This is all information based on what I know - but it may not be the most accurate or up to date information but this is what I found of for my masters last year.
Student finance will give you a loan if you are a UK student and you have not done another postgrad qualification. The Max loan is around £11,000. And the amount does not vary based on degree. I do not think there is a maintenance loan, so the £11,000 is to cover living expenses and degree.
The postgraduate funding is not as good as undergraduate so it can be tricky to pay for and many students work alongside their masters degrees.
I would recommend talking to your university's student support or financial support desk if they have one as they will be able to give you the best information and advice.
Evie (MSc Anatomy and Education student at UoS)
Reply 2
thank you Evie,

That's a good start.

Regards
D
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi,
This is all information based on what I know - but it may not be the most accurate or up to date information but this is what I found of for my masters last year.
Student finance will give you a loan if you are a UK student and you have not done another postgrad qualification. The Max loan is around £11,000. And the amount does not vary based on degree. I do not think there is a maintenance loan, so the £11,000 is to cover living expenses and degree.
The postgraduate funding is not as good as undergraduate so it can be tricky to pay for and many students work alongside their masters degrees.
I would recommend talking to your university's student support or financial support desk if they have one as they will be able to give you the best information and advice.
Evie (MSc Anatomy and Education student at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending