The Student Room Group

Three years bad?

I started my first AS year beginning 2015, where I picked up Sociology, Health and Social Care and Communication and Culture. Half way throughout the year, I chose to drop Sociology, due to a strong disliking towards it. I was then offered to do a double BTEC in the following year. I declined this offer and requested a third year as I would rather do 3 Alevels, instead of 2 Alevels and a BTEC.
So, at the end of that AS year, I got my AS results, which were Communication and Culture - A, then Health and Social Care - D.
At enrolment to college, I was told I would be placed back into Lower Sixth, rather than proceeding into Upper Sixth, as I made the choice to continue with Communication and Culture to A2, but drop Health and Social Care and pick up AS Media Studies and Linear English Language and Literature. (I was also told I would most likely have to do an EPQ in my third year).
So I am doing two more years on top of the year I have already done. But, basically, what I am asking is, will doing three years at college have any effect on University? I.e, do they care that I had to do three years at all?
Reply 1
Original post by a.lx.nd.r
I started my first AS year beginning 2015, where I picked up Sociology, Health and Social Care and Communication and Culture. Half way throughout the year, I chose to drop Sociology, due to a strong disliking towards it. I was then offered to do a double BTEC in the following year. I declined this offer and requested a third year as I would rather do 3 Alevels, instead of 2 Alevels and a BTEC.
So, at the end of that AS year, I got my AS results, which were Communication and Culture - A, then Health and Social Care - D.
At enrolment to college, I was told I would be placed back into Lower Sixth, rather than proceeding into Upper Sixth, as I made the choice to continue with Communication and Culture to A2, but drop Health and Social Care and pick up AS Media Studies and Linear English Language and Literature. (I was also told I would most likely have to do an EPQ in my third year).
So I am doing two more years on top of the year I have already done. But, basically, what I am asking is, will doing three years at college have any effect on University? I.e, do they care that I had to do three years at all?

It really depends what unis you want to apply to, and which subject you want to take. However, if you're the kind of student who is taking health and social care and media studies, you're unlikely to be applying to the kind of unis where it matters.

Quick Reply

Latest