The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

What do you think of the University Of Reading

Heya guys :biggrin: I'm going to an open day for the University of Reading and just wanted to ask if any of you go there, what do you think about it? is it good? I want to do computer science there too :smile: Any help would be appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 1
Make your own mind up whether it's good when you visit
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fefssdf
Make your own mind up whether it's good when you visit

Everywhere looks amazing on an open day :biggrin: They always show the best they have to offer. I'm just curious if its still good when you've been attending for a while :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Samonia
Everywhere looks amazing on an open day :biggrin: They always show the best they have to offer. I'm just curious if its still good when you've been attending for a while :smile:

Perhaps google reviews of reading uni ? If you go on which ? Uni they have reviews from current students and they'll be more honest
Reply 4
Original post by Samonia
Heya guys :biggrin: I'm going to an open day for the University of Reading and just wanted to ask if any of you go there, what do you think about it? is it good? I want to do computer science there too :smile: Any help would be appreciated :biggrin:

Well , i am in my First year and i am studying Computer science with industry year, and i can tell you so far it is great. The campus is big and some of my lectures are like 24mins walk from my dorm. However, during the few days of freshers week( there is still one more day of it lol) everyone is so helpful, the environment is nice and it didn't take long for me to adjust from being used to where i lived. I am sorry i don't have much to say about computer science ( since i haven't started any classes yet) but going on the Universities website and looking at what others had to say might help.
Original post by Samonia

Hi Samonia,
I hope you managed to attend one of our October events, If you did I hope you had a good day/experience? :smile:

Mark
Final Year Accounting and Management
Original post by Samonia

I would disagree. It is very important to get a gut feeling of a place by visiting if you can.

My daughter had an idea she wanted to go to a certain uni from the age of 12. When we visited on open day, she reacted viscerally, feeling it snobby, unwelcoming, and cold. She picked another that she liked on open day and was very happy there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending