The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine A100 2017 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by falreefy
Does anyone know when we should be at the venue prior to the timing of the interview? For example my interview starts at 10 AM, what time should i be there?

I reckon it'd be safe to be there 2 hours earlier. My interview's at 11 am but I'll be arriving in Liverpool a day earlier, just in case anything happens. :smile: Where are you from btw? Hahaha
Original post by Emir Imran
I reckon it'd be safe to be there 2 hours earlier. My interview's at 11 am but I'll be arriving in Liverpool a day earlier, just in case anything happens. :smile: Where are you from btw? Hahaha

I'm worried bout not being there on time so ill have to figure something out, I'm going to stay in London as we own a house there and was planning on catching an early train to Liverpool, don't know if i should take that risk ... I'm from Bahrain & u?
Has Liverpool send out Interviews for the non - international students(UK students)?
Original post by lovelyqueen
Has Liverpool send out Interviews for the non - international students(UK students)?

No between 9-19th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by falreefy
I'm worried bout not being there on time so ill have to figure something out, I'm going to stay in London as we own a house there and was planning on catching an early train to Liverpool, don't know if i should take that risk ... I'm from Bahrain & u?

Ah cool! I'm from Malaysia :smile: I'm going to be there like a day earlier, you know .. jet lag and all :tongue: I think it's a 2 hour plus train ride from London to Liverpool last time I checked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah cool! I'm from Malaysia :smile: I'm going to be there like a day earlier, you know .. jet lag and all :tongue: I think it's a 2 hour plus train ride from London to Liverpool last time I checked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive booked on the 22nd at 11am as well x
Original post by manda13marie
Ive booked on the 22nd at 11am as well x

Aww, mine's on the 21st but at 11 am as well. Where are you from btw? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww, mine's on the 21st but at 11 am as well. Where are you from btw? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What dates are available for interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
What is the selection procedure for interview for Liverpool? Thanks
Original post by pvk19.
What is the selection procedure for interview for Liverpool? Thanks

All I know is that there's a ukcat cut off and that it's veryyyyyy personal statement heavy!
Reply 390
Original post by emma.sx
All I know is that there's a ukcat cut off and that it's veryyyyyy personal statement heavy!

Oh ok thank you!! I hope my ps is decent enough for them then haha!! Do you know what the cut off point is?
Original post by pvk19.
Oh ok thank you!! I hope my ps is decent enough for them then haha!! Do you know what the cut off point is?

The website says between 1750 and 1870 :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by emma.sx
The website says between 1750 and 1870 :smile:

Oh ok thank youu!!!
Original post by pvk19.
Oh ok thank youu!!!

I'm hoping it's the lower end of that as I have 1850! 😬
Reply 394
Original post by emma.sx
I'm hoping it's the lower end of that as I have 1850! 😬

Lol yeah I have 1880 dw... may I ask where have you applied?
Leeds (have interview) Liverpool (waiting to hear) Lancaster (waiting to hear) and Manchester (rejected - ukcat too low :frown: ) and Manchester for anatomy (conditional offer). How about you? :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by emma.sx
Leeds (have interview) Liverpool (waiting to hear) Lancaster (waiting to hear) and Manchester (rejected - ukcat too low :frown: ) and Manchester for anatomy (conditional offer). How about you? :smile:

Hey, well done for Leeds and wish you well for other unis. Just wanted to ask what ukcat score did yu have which was deemed too low by Manchester?
Sorry, just to confirm; as long as you meet the UKCAT cut-off it's purely based on your PS on whether or not you get an interview?
Original post by noctisff
Sorry, just to confirm; as long as you meet the UKCAT cut-off it's purely based on your PS on whether or not you get an interview?

I'm not totally sure but i think they also look at your top 9 GCSE points score /18 when deciding who to invite to interview.

Most candidates will probably have 17 or 18 so it is likely that Liverpool will use the PS to differenciate between most of us.
Original post by umarrd
Hey, well done for Leeds and wish you well for other unis. Just wanted to ask what ukcat score did yu have which was deemed too low by Manchester?

1850 (band 1).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending