The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2017

This is for those interested in studying Diagnostic Radiography (Undergraduate level) starting in 2017.
How is your personal statement going? What Unis are you looking at? How did interviews go (when they happen)? (that sort of thing)

Hopefully any questions you have can be answered by people on this thread. (I am applying for this course for 2017)

Would also be good if people already studying radiography or qualified could help answer our questions and give some advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Subscribing. I qualified 4.5 years ago so can answer questions about the 'real world' of work rather than the application or interview process (now over 8 years ago...). I work in CT and MRI as well as plain film so if you have any questions about those areas specifically then fire away.
Original post by FXX
Subscribing. I qualified 4.5 years ago so can answer questions about the 'real world' of work rather than the application or interview process (now over 8 years ago...). I work in CT and MRI as well as plain film so if you have any questions about those areas specifically then fire away.

Where did you study? Did you do additional training for CT/MRI??
Reply 3
Hey! I'm on an access course now, hoping to study Diagnostic Radiography next year. I was starting my personal statement this morning. We're going over them in class actually so that'll be really helpful.

What uni was you thinking of going?
Applying for 2017 entry for Diagnostic Radiography at Edinburgh Queen Margaret, Glasgow Caledonian and Robert Gordon. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rachel_kirtley
Where did you study? Did you do additional training for CT/MRI??

I went to CCCU. I did in-house training in CT after six months of working in general, and then MRI 18 months after that.
Reply 6
Hi!
I'm hoping to get into Sheffield Hallam for 2017 - currently doing an access course and a "mature" student :-)
Original post by Rm13
Hi!
I'm hoping to get into Sheffield Hallam for 2017 - currently doing an access course and a "mature" student :-)

That's cool.I'm applying to Sheffield Hallam too. Going to the open day tomorrow.
I'm applying to UoC, queen Margaret's Edinburgh, Sheffield Hallam, uni of Salford and uni of Derby. Just about finished my personal statement but has taken a while!!
Reply 9
I will be at the open day today :-)

What "care experience" have you both got?
I've had several days work experience in Radiography departments, volunteered in a home for disabled individuals and volunteered with some local youth organisations. Wbu??
I am currently finishing my UCAS application but also in the process is that I waiting for replies on work experience from hospitals. I want to do Radiography. Do I have to include work experience? Just because I don't know how long it will take.
Reply 12
My tutors have told me to put what I have done not what I'm going to do as you can't really talk about it if that makes sense
Which uni you hoping for?
Reply 13
Original post by rachel_kirtley
I've had several days work experience in Radiography departments, volunteered in a home for disabled individuals and volunteered with some local youth organisations. Wbu??

Clinical open days, work experience shadowing a radiographer and then I volunteer at a hospice :-)
I'm hoping that's enough! :-)
Original post by Rm13
My tutors have told me to put what I have done not what I'm going to do as you can't really talk about it if that makes sense

Well, I am looking into Leeds, Exeter, Cardiff and Teesside
Original post by Rm13

Reply 16
Original post by grace_augustine

Aaahh best of luck! Im looking at Sheffield Hallam:-)
Original post by Rm13
Aaahh best of luck! I'm looking at Sheffield Hallam:-)

Do you think it is bad if I don't include my work experience?
Reply 18
Original post by grace_augustine
Do you think it is bad if I don't include my work experience?

What does the entry requirements for your uni say?
Original post by Rm13
What does the entry requirements for your uni say?

Where should I look?

Quick Reply

Latest