The Student Room Group

BTEC Nat Dip-Confused

So i've finished my first year of btec national diploma for it practicioners.

Instead of everyone in the class doing 9 units, this year,we done 8 due to one of our tutors having an accident. So next year we do 10 units to make up for the one we didn't do this year.

What im confused with is that how do we get our results? Do we get an overall grade or just a list of the grades we recieved in the 8 units we completed?

One of my friends told me that we actually get our final grade after the 2nd year, and at the first year we just get a list of our unit grades?

Is this true?
Reply 1
Yep, that's correct. I got a letter in July from the course coordinator that listed all my unit grades for this year, and informing me that I got onto the second year.
Reply 2
yeah, i think so too, you get all 18 units clumped together into 3 lots of 6 units, so you end up with PPP or PPM or PMM or MMM or MMD or MDD or DDD.
Reply 3
Hiya, you might get a letter from your college/school etc confirminh your grades and if you are going to be coming back for the second year.

However you get whats know as a "Notifcation of Performance" from the awarding body around July/August stating the units you took this year and your grades for these units.
Yeah your friend was right. Unit breakdown for year 1 results and a points score such as 40/50 and second year you get an over all grade.

My college was different though, we did 10 units in year 1 and 8 in year 2
Reply 5
louisedotcom
Yeah your friend was right. Unit breakdown for year 1 results and a points score such as 40/50 and second year you get an over all grade.

My college was different though, we did 10 units in year 1 and 8 in year 2

thanks for the info, i just got a letter this morning that im going to year 2!
Reply 6
Hi,

to confirm what others have written.

At the end of the 2 years you will get a grade ranging from PPP to DDD - the triple D should be considered the same as 3 A Grades at A level = 360 UCAS points. I believe PPP will be equiv to 120 UCAS.

Colleges/schools delivering the qual. are allowed to deliver the course as they wish to a point - selecting units etc although all delivers are verified by Edexcel each year in a sampling process.

Some may indeed deliver different numbers of units, but as long as the 18 are delivered across the 2 years there shouldn't be any problem.

hope this helps

P.

Latest

Trending

Trending