The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Entry requirements/business management course quiet

Hi all,
I'm doing BTEC Business and IT and I'm retaking my GCSE maths to try and get it up to a B. I want to apply for either a BA or BSc business management course. What's the likelihood of getting an offer just from taking BTEC? I'm on target to get D*,D*,D*. And also what is the difference between the BA course and the BSc course?

Thankyou :smile:
I think the BA/BSc terminology is just pedantics but check course structures to confirm. Have a look at entry requirements to get an idea of whether you meet them.
University of York
York
Hiya,

I've had a look for you - for both BA and BSc Business and Management we would typically ask for a BTEC National Diploma at DDD, so you'd certainly be considered for an offer. Here are the full entry requirements for further information! You can always email the admissions tutor on [email protected] to verify this, or if you'd like any other information.

With regards to the difference between the BA and the BSc - the modules you are required to do for each degree programme vary slightly. Your first year would be the same for both courses, but you'll have different module options available to you for second and final year. For the BSc, there is a greater emphasis on information analysis and quantitative methods, whilst the BA has a variety of modules covering topics such as human resource development and managing and leading change. You can look at the module descriptions for the BA here and the module descriptions for the BSc here.

Hope that's helpful!

Katie :smile:
Original post by thomaswhincup
Hi all,
I'm doing BTEC Business and IT and I'm retaking my GCSE maths to try and get it up to a B. I want to apply for either a BA or BSc business management course. What's the likelihood of getting an offer just from taking BTEC? I'm on target to get D*,D*,D*. And also what is the difference between the BA course and the BSc course?

Thankyou :smile:

I'm also studying BTEC Business and IT, when I emailed York they did infact say I would be considered for the course as long as I got at least DDD. Judging that you're on target for D*,D*,D* I'd think you'd stand a good chance at least getting an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending