The Student Room Group

university with 5s in gcses (?)

i dont know if i can get into uni

i think i can only manage to get merit in my t level science right now
but also my gcse grades are like.. average because they were the predictions from quarantine, so my maths and english are only 5s. i thought it was fine because most people in my secondary got 5s too and were happy for passing but now i feel like i really need more than just passes it's like.. exceeding is the bare minimum everytime i look at a universities entry requirements..
usually the solution to this is getting really good grades for the t level but im not really sure if distinction is possible for me, i dont have a lot of willpower to be honest because it's difficult to focus at all in this busy ahh household and i get zero peace and quiet which probably caused my attention span issues
Reply 2
Original post by brickwallgoesbrr
i dont know if i can get into uni

i think i can only manage to get merit in my t level science right now
but also my gcse grades are like.. average because they were the predictions from quarantine, so my maths and english are only 5s. i thought it was fine because most people in my secondary got 5s too and were happy for passing but now i feel like i really need more than just passes it's like.. exceeding is the bare minimum everytime i look at a universities entry requirements..

What are you looking into studying at university as most unis only require 4s at gcse for maths and English language for most courses.

Quick Reply