The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Foundation year to first year accomodation

I'm living at home for my foundation year, and immediately regret it as the commute has been murder. I really want to live on campus next year for the first year of my degree course. Will they let me?
First years should still be entitled to live on campus, I'm on a foundation year and I expect to live on campus next year.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Freddie010
First years should still be entitled to live on campus, I'm on a foundation year and I expect to live on campus next year.

We can boycott together if they give us trouble
Reply 3
Last year I was foundation year, and this year I am also living on campus so you will be fine. But do note that they will not give you a choice of were you want to live, as they put all the foundation year students together (this year it was in park village). Every person that I know from last year is living around me, and 10/12 of the people in my place are all 1st years coming from foundation. So don't worry, you will get on campus accommdation, and if you don't like park village (assuming they do the same again), then there is plenty of people looking to swap.
Reply 4
I'm in the same situation. I've heard mixed things such as they give you accommodation, but not on-campus, and what was said above too ^^. I think I'm just going to move in with my friends next year in Brighton somewhere, as I don't want to go through the same process of being put with random people I might not enjoy living with (not that I don't like my flatmates atm, I'd just rather be living with my friends). But yeah I think Foundation to First Year students are guaranteed accom, just not of your choice - so is it worth it really?
Reply 5
Both are true, if you late apply from foundation year then you will probably be located off campus, but if you apply ASAP, you will be given a spot on campus (where I am now on the year after foundation). Getting a place in brighton is not a bad idea.
I applied the day they made the option available and ended up off campus, off campus is better and you know it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Flux_Dubstep
I applied the day they made the option available and ended up off campus, off campus is better and you know it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strange, first person i have heard who that has happened to, although I do wish i stayed off campus, been lonely with all my friends living in Brighton and me being on campus
Nah there loads of us here as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending