The Student Room Group

From tomorrow I am starting this new diet and excercise plan.

So from tomorrow I am going to start this diet.
It's super healthy ,low calorie and almost entirely vegan.
It's divided into 3 meals a day with no eating in between:

Morning :
200g of salted peanuts.
1 apple.
1 carrot.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

Lunch:
1 can of sardines.
250g of green peas.
1 pear.
1 green onion.
500ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea

Dinner:
250g of red lentils.
1 bell pepper.
1 orange.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

The excerise plan is 6 days a week going to the gym, only machines and no cardio :
Each machine 3 sets with 15 repitions.

sunday, tuesday and thursday :chest press machine - 15 x 3.shoulder raise machine - 15 x 3.biceps machine - 15 x 3.Monday, Wednesday and Friday :leg press machine - 15 x 3.abs machine - 15 x 3.lat pull down machine - 15 x 3.

What do you think?.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Really healthy :smile:
Good luck :smile:

But I don't think you'll stick to it for long...
It would be better to spread out a 1.5L water intake throughout the day, rather than glug down 500ml at meal times.

What is the purpose of your diet? Is it primarily to lose weight, or gain muscle, or just generally lose a bit of weight, tone up and be in healthy condition?
Reply 4
Original post by Ze Witcher
Good luck :smile:

But I don't think you'll stick to it for long...

Thanks.
It's all about will power.
Reply 5
The diet looks pretty bizarre. You're going to eat those exact same meals every day? That wouldn't be particularly healthy.

Your exercise plan is also not good. "Only machines and no cardio" is probably the worst description an exercise plan could possibly have.

I think you should look for a better workout plan in the fitness section FAQ and eat a more varied diet.
Reply 6
Original post by Tsunami92

Morning :
200g of salted peanuts.
1 apple.
1 carrot.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

Lunch:
1 can of sardines.
250g of green peas.
1 pear.
1 green onion.
500ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea

Dinner:
250g of red lentils.
1 bell pepper.
1 orange.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

The excerise plan is 6 days a week going to the gym, only machines and no cardio :

sunday, tuesday and thursday :chest press machine - 15 x 3.shoulder raise machine - 15 x 3.biceps machine - 15 x 3.Monday, Wednesday and Friday :leg press machine - 15 x 3.abs machine - 15 x 3.lat pull down machine - 15 x 3.

What do you think?.

It's ****. Short-term diets don't work. You have to change your diet and lifestyle forever if you want permanent results. Will people ever learn? It's common sense.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Original post by PariahEmir
It would be better to spread out a 1.5L water intake throughout the day, rather than glug down 500ml at meal times.

What is the purpose of your diet? Is it primarily to lose weight, or gain muscle, or just generally lose a bit of weight, tone up and be in healthy condition?

The purpose of this plan is to eat healthy and gain muscle.
The purpose of this plan is to eat healthy and gain muscle.

Better add a few more cans of sardines and green onions in there then.
How in the love of the lord are you going to eat a whole green onion on its own? It would make you feel very sick.

Troll detected. :colonhash:
LMFAO Really :colonhash:
Reply 12
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How in the love of the lord are you going to eat a whole green onion on its own? It would make you feel very sick.

Troll detected. :colonhash:

It's just 1 green onion as in the long and thin green ones not a white round onion.
It's just 1 green onion as in the long and thin green ones not a white round onion.

That is called a spring onion my friend :colonhash:

Shame on you for making me think you would be gobbling a huge green onion like an apple. :colonhash:
Reply 14
Original post by saraxh
LMFAO Really :colonhash:

Sarah this is the plan I pm'd you about.
Need more protein in there - with that diet and that type of exercise you're basically cutting - you'll hardly build muscle. You've gotta be set on 1 goal: Build muscle or Lose fat. If you wanna lose fat just add cardio to that and you're fine.
For muscle tho - Loads more protein and 7 reps of 4 sets on any exercise. You'll also burn fat that way too. Increase the weight after abit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
7 reps of 4 sets

Morning :
200g of salted peanuts.
1 apple.
1 carrot.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

Lunch:
1 can of sardines.
250g of green peas.
1 pear.
1 green onion.
500ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea

Dinner:
250g of red lentils.
1 bell pepper.
1 orange.
500 ml of tap water.
1 cup of peppermint tea.

What do you think?.

I'd be worried if you were serious. Not enough calories, food is fuel and it should be full of flavour.
Ok if you want serious and decent advice then should post this in the fitness section

1. What are your goals?
2. What are your cals/macros?
3. No offence but your routine is ****, you should be lifting free weights on a proper beginner's program e.g. stronglifts 5x5.
Reply 19
The only thing not vegan in this diet is the 1 can of sardines.
I take it for the b-12.

Quick Reply

Latest