The Student Room Group

Got my driving test tomorrow D:

My test is tomorrow at 10:14 so I'm hoping the roads will be pretty clear so I'll have less chance of failing. Does anyone have any advice because I'm really nervous, I failed my mock for clearance on a really busy bridge and also for almost trying to drive down the wrong side of the road at a y junction. I'm having a lesson before my test but I'm still scared I'll fail
Original post by Zozaaaa
My test is tomorrow at 10:14 so I'm hoping the roads will be pretty clear so I'll have less chance of failing. Does anyone have any advice because I'm really nervous, I failed my mock for clearance on a really busy bridge and also for almost trying to drive down the wrong side of the road at a y junction. I'm having a lesson before my test but I'm still scared I'll fail

That sounds like a decent time to have it. Try and put failing out of your mind. It's only going to make it harder to be confident and get your pass. You're having a lesson beforehand, so you'll be nice and warmed up to driving. This should be a pretty good advantage for you. In your lesson, make sure you go over what you struggled with last time. Good luck tomorrow!
Original post by Zozaaaa

One thing I'd suggest is to keep reminding yourself that this test isn't final - if you fail this time, you can have another go, so try not to stress over whether you pass or not. Also, if you make a mistake like taking a wrong turn, or even if you think you've got a major fault, don't dwell on it and focus on the next part of the test. I know it's easier said than done, but what you perceive as a huge mistake may actually not be, so don't panic if you do go wrong.

10.14 is a good time to have your test (I had mine at 10.14 too), as it's after most people have gone to work, but before lunch time, so hopefully it will be fairly quiet for you.

Best of luck! :smile:
mines 1.24 or so, in 3 weeks, so also hoping itll be fairly quiet on the big roundabouts. I too get stressed and nervous very very quickly and easily but just breath and think 'its okay, im a good driver ive got this' and pretend youre just taking your friend for a drive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending