Meela
Ich habe gerade gelernt, dass Mettlach neben Schinkenloch liegt^^

Für wie lange denn? :smile:

6 Monate.
Ist Schinkenloch ein Ort, oder?
Reply 7221
Ja, ein Ort mit einem lustigen Namen :smile:
Ach, machst du einen deferred entry?
Ja. Im Moment denkt die Uni, dass ich in October dort gehen werde aber ich werde sagen, dass ich nächstes Jahr gehen werde (naja, wenn ich die Noten treffen.)
SpiritedAway
I've been offered a job in Germany :woo:
In Mettlach :awesome:

:woo: War dass einer der Firmen, die wir schon darueber gesprochen haben oder eine andere? (Google Suche)
hannah_dru
:woo: War dass einer der Firmen, die wir schon darueber gesprochen haben oder eine andere? (Google Suche)

Ja es war die Familie in Saarland, die wir darüber gesprochen haben.
Another job offer. This one is in St. Wendel :woo: (I believe that is the same state as the previous job offer, so I'm doing ok here :teeth:).
Reply 7226
SpiritedAway
Another job offer. This one is in St. Wendel :woo: (I believe that is the same state as the previous job offer, so I'm doing ok here :teeth:).

Durch dich lerne ich lauter Ortsnamen kennen, die ich vorher noch nie in meinem Leben gehört habe.:p:
3rd Job acceptance :woo:
This one is in Dresden.
Hmmm, I am a little confused now. I mean the pay is much better for the Mettlach job (€400 pcm) whereas these other 2 jobs are only €280 pcm- however, the latter two are willing to pay for my travel expenses so I think after plane fares to visit home I imagine there won't be much different between the two. The first household (Mettlach) has 3 boys (3,5 and 8) so I imagine the house will be pretty hectic, whereas the second house (Sankt Wendel) is a single father and his 6 year old son (who will almost certainly be at school most of the time anyway), and then the third household (Dresden) will be a boy (8) and then two brand-new twins -- however, with the latter family, the mother will be at home as well on maternity leave, so it's not as if I'd be on my own with two babies all day. However, I have never taken care of babies before, only children, so I guess I'd feel a little thrown in at the deep end. However, this latter family seem really outgoing. :s-smilie:
Dresden you get the benefit of living in a city, the other two places sound pretty rural (ie dull).
I am actually swaying for that. In fact the only thing that's stopping me from writing an email back saying I'll have it, is the whole new-born babies thing :|. I haven't got the slightest clue how to look after a new born baby :|
Reply 7230
'pcm'?:confused:
Reply 7231
SpiritedAway
I am actually swaying for that. In fact the only thing that's stopping me from writing an email back saying I'll have it, is the whole new-born babies thing :|. I haven't got the slightest clue how to look after a new born baby :|

But the mother's still there so you won't be on your own anyway. Take it, Dresden is great! (but don't get their accent, please :wink: ).
hobnob
'pcm'?:confused:

per calender month
Meela
But the mother's still there so you won't be on your own anyway. Take it, Dresden is great! (but don't get their accent, please :wink: ).

Is their accent really that bad? It can't be as bad as the woman who interviewed me over the phone from Tirol :eek:. Whatever language she was speaking, it wasn't the same one I'd been learning for the past 5 years.
Reply 7234
SpiritedAway
Is their accent really that bad? It can't be as bad as the woman who interviewed me over the phone from Tirol :eek:. Whatever language she was speaking, it wasn't the same one I'd been learning for the past 5 years.

Not worse but definitely uglier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYqJdoZ6DZE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUyY-6tOpwY
Reply 7235
SpiritedAway

God year southern dialect sounds like a different language IMO. What's wrong with the Dresden accent?

I thought it was OK :indiff: he seemed to speak slower than what they did when I was in Unna (NRW) and there was some words which I really didn't catch, like in the second clip at 16 and 17 seconds :indiff:. It was different to what I am used to, but not awful :P
Reply 7237
SpiritedAway
I thought it was OK :indiff: he seemed to speak slower than what they did when I was in Unna (NRW) and there was some words which I really didn't catch, like in the second clip at 16 and 17 seconds :indiff:. It was different to what I am used to, but not awful :P

lol it's probably the same with me when it comes to English accents. Everyone tells me that this or that accent is awful but I think that they don't sound too bad.

But ask 100 Germans what they think about "sächsisch" and 90 will tell you that it's one of the worst accents :wink:
Meela
lol it's probably the same with me when it comes to English accents. Everyone tells me that this or that accent is awful but I think that they don't sound too bad.

But ask 100 Germans what they think about "sächsisch" and 90 will tell you that it's one of the worst accents :wink:

hehe OK, if I do decide to take it, I will attempt not to pick up the accent :P.
My German teacher lived in some part of Austria for 13 years and so according to our language assistant, who comes from the Saarland, has a hideous accent, and he makes fun of her for the way she says some words. Or if she says some words which differ...like she'd say "Nachzapf" (when referring to our January resits) and "Fußgeher" and he's correct her in German German :P
Reply 7239
SpiritedAway
hehe OK, if I do decide to take it, I will attempt not to pick up the accent :P.
My German teacher lived in some part of Austria for 13 years and so according to our language assistant, who comes from the Saarland, has a hideous accent, and he makes fun of her for the way she says some words. Or if she says some words which differ...like she'd say "Nachzapf" (when referring to our January resits) and "Fußgeher" and he's correct her in German German :P

Well... that's a bit rich coming from someone whow comes from the Saarland :eek: lol

Latest

Trending

Trending