The Student Room Group

I don't like the course I am studying

Hi, I have been studying computer science for 5 weeks. I thought I would love it since I have been writing code since I was 13 and have studied a lot of the course content already. However, I have come to hate the course because it's so goddamn soulless. Most of the people on the course make me cringe, and most of my friends I have study an entirely different set of courses (mostly politics and history).

I am considering dropping out and taking history at a better uni than I am currently at (I graduated top of my year group in history beating the guy who is now at Oxford studying it by a few ums) since I got way better grades than expected and will in the meantime retake a few modules in order to apply to really good ones.

What's holding me back is job opportunities and family. I don't want to work in Starbucks my entire life and I want to be able to feed a family at some point. I can do the subject I am studying well, it's just so soulless and there's nothing to it to really think about (I'm talking interpretation and things like that before you say "well of course it'll be easy they're easing people in"). I also don't want to disappoint my family, because they want me to be successful and preferably rich.

What the hell do I do?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you talked to your tutor about this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending