Fakbarpoor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hello guys,
i have recently moved to the uk ( i year ago) and this year i started my a levels so I am year 12 now.
So i am doing aqa a level biology and i was wondering what are the best resources for making notes because the college just gave us the cup revision guide and i don't know if that is enough.

Thanks..
rosieeandre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in year 13, these are the two books I had for year 12..
You can either buy versions that have both year 1 and year 2 content, or you can buy separate for each year.

TEXTBOOK: http://www.bookdepository.com/AQA-A-...axShoCYL3w_wcB

REVISION GUIDE: https://wordery.com/new-a-level-biol...4a5hoCIErw_wcB
Fakbarpoor
Rep:
?
yeah thanks i bought them both, but don't you think the textbook has a bit more info? and from which book do you make your notes? many thanks
rosieeandre
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fakbarpoor)
yeah thanks i bought them both, but don't you think the textbook has a bit more info? and from which book do you make your notes? many thanks
The textbook has more detail yeah - but you can have that open in your lessons to help. I made notes from the textbook, but then through the spring/summer I used the revision guide and my notes to revise. The revision guide is essentially just a really broken down version of the textbook I guess. Both contain the same content but the textbook is better to learn from whereas the revision guide is good to jog your memory
Fakbarpoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosieeandre)
The textbook has more detail yeah - but you can have that open in your lessons to help. I made notes from the textbook, but then through the spring/summer I used the revision guide and my notes to revise. The revision guide is essentially just a really broken down version of the textbook I guess. Both contain the same content but the textbook is better to learn from whereas the revision guide is good to jog your memory
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise