Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello guys,
    i have recently moved to the uk ( i year ago) and this year i started my a levels so I am year 12 now.
    So i am doing aqa a level biology and i was wondering what are the best resources for making notes because the college just gave us the cup revision guide and i don't know if that is enough.

Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 13, these are the two books I had for year 12..
    You can either buy versions that have both year 1 and year 2 content, or you can buy separate for each year.

TEXTBOOK: http://www.bookdepository.com/AQA-A-...axShoCYL3w_wcB

REVISION GUIDE: https://wordery.com/new-a-level-biol...4a5hoCIErw_wcB

ReputationRep:
    yeah thanks i bought them both, but don't you think the textbook has a bit more info? and from which book do you make your notes? many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fakbarpoor)
    yeah thanks i bought them both, but don't you think the textbook has a bit more info? and from which book do you make your notes? many thanks
    The textbook has more detail yeah - but you can have that open in your lessons to help. I made notes from the textbook, but then through the spring/summer I used the revision guide and my notes to revise. The revision guide is essentially just a really broken down version of the textbook I guess. Both contain the same content but the textbook is better to learn from whereas the revision guide is good to jog your memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieeandre)
    The textbook has more detail yeah - but you can have that open in your lessons to help. I made notes from the textbook, but then through the spring/summer I used the revision guide and my notes to revise. The revision guide is essentially just a really broken down version of the textbook I guess. Both contain the same content but the textbook is better to learn from whereas the revision guide is good to jog your memory
    thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.