Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Economics Offer Holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! Got an offer last week :smile:

- Offer Grades: A*AA
- GCSE grades: 11A*1A
- Predicted Grades: 4A*s (Maths, FM, Econ & Chem)
- When your received your offer: 24th Nov
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
OOPS shouldn't have posted here...
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone gotten an offer with 2A* predictions yet? Seems working their way down from those with 4A* predictions etc
Reply 43
Original post by Teenage Hype
Anyone gotten an offer with 2A* predictions yet? Seems working their way down from those with 4A* predictions etc

My son got a rejection yesterday with A* A* A predicted :frown:

Hope you have better luck...:smile:
Original post by Dr Gin

Seriously? The course is A*AA though...

What subjects did he do and predictions respectively?
Original post by Dr Gin

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

What were his AS and GCSE grades?

I'm predicted A*A*A, applied 12th October and still nothing - now very, very nervous.
Original post by jamestg

I'm predicted A*A*A, applied 12th October and still nothing - now very, very nervous.

Same, predicted A*A*AA, applied on 11th October and nothing.

Smh at warwick admissions team
Reply 47
Original post by Teenage Hype
Seriously? The course is A*AA though...

What subjects did he do and predictions respectively?

Original post by jamestg

He is unusual in that he has significant dyslexia so his academic trajectory is not typical (he had barely worked out how to deal with his dyslexia at GCSE but has steadily improved the way he 'manages' his note keeping and essay writing as he has got older and is just starting to really excel):

GCSEs: 2 A*, 4A, 2B, 1C
AS: AAB
Predicted: A* Maths, A* Economics, A Physics

We were told by the senior admissions chap at open day that they would definitely consider him despite his borderline GCSEs provided his reference made his 'trajectory' clear but either this wasn't really true or else his PS simply wasn't strong enough against the intense competition. Bottom line is that they will have loads of "Woxbridge" style applicants who are academically an incredibly safe bet and maybe this is what they prefer to stick to. Fair enough.

What matters is that you keep 'the faith' - fingers crossed for offers soon! and that he has other lovely Russell group unis to go to instead :smile:

Best of luck to you, hope you both get better news :smile:
Applied 8th or 10th of October and am getting quite worried now.....
Has anyone applied for the economics + industrial organisation course?
Bump anyone heard back?
Hello everyone!

Applied: October 25th
Offer received: December 5th
Predicted: IB - 42, 776 HL (Economics, Business, Maths) 766 SL (Computer Science, Greek, English)
Offer: 38 with 6 in HL maths
Original post by Gammastri
got an offer today:

38 points and a 6 in HL maths

What were your subjects and predicted grades??
Anyone gotten offers yet?
Reply 54
Predicted A*AA in FM, Maths and Physics got 9A* at Gcse. Quite worried now after reading the above comments...
Applied: 18/11/16
Offer received: 2/12/16
Offer Grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 10 A*s, 2 As, A in FSMQ
Predicted grades: A*A*A* (in Maths, Economics and Geography)
What applicant holders day are people going on? Warwick is my top choice but it'll interesting to see them do the 'hard sell' to get people to put them as a first choice.
Don't worry I haven't got an offer yet, looking at this I'm not sure if I've got in because I only got two A*s in my gcses but oh well if it's meant to be then you'll get in, there's plenty of time left!
Original post by joddcfc
when you get an email from Warwick that is titled 'An update on your application', so you get all excited, but it ends up saying 'we are considering your application carefully' and that any updates will be on UCAS track 'when a decision is made'...

I got the same email it felt like they hadn't even acknowledged my application till the second email😅
Original post by karinaabrown
Applied: 18/11/16
Offer received: 2/12/16
Offer Grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 10 A*s, 2 As, A in FSMQ
Predicted grades: A*A*A* (in Maths, Economics and Geography)
What applicant holders day are people going on? Warwick is my top choice but it'll interesting to see them do the 'hard sell' to get people to put them as a first choice.

What is a "hard sell"?
Reply 59
Is there even any chance of getting an offer if you just meet the A*AA predicted requirements?

Everyone seems to have higher than this so I cri

Quick Reply

Latest