The Student Room Group

Do you wear glasses??

Scroll to see replies

No. I have great eyes. However I have blepharitis which causes my eye lids to swell up, I now have ingrowing eye lashes and I keep getting Sinusitus. :colonhash: So they makes looking at things hard sometimes. :angry: I have an eye lash in my eye right now and I can't sleep because of it. I had a couple hours, but my eyes can't relax. :frown: I went to the opticians yesterday to get the eyelashes removed, he got like 2-3 out, but there was one I couldn't feel when he did it and I just felt something when I was half way home. :cry2: My worry is damaging my eye with the eyelashes. Otherwise I would just sleep through it and not care about it. I don't want to wear glasses.
What if i wear them sometimes and not wear them sometimes then?:tongue:
No, I usually wear contact lenses cause I already have braces and I don't want to look like Ugly Betty
i don't but i wear glasses just to see how they see things
I've only done this once:biggrin:
Yeah, but only for studying though because I'm short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other. I wear glasses to keep my eyes in equilibrium.
I'm amazed by the amount of people who need glasses... :erm:
no
Original post by cbreef
I'm amazed by the amount of people who need glasses... :erm:

Spending too long on computers and ****ing their eyes up.

I acquired my first pair of spectacles today. I have needed them for years. I can see again :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Spending too long on computers and ****ing their eyes up.

I acquired my first pair of spectacles today. I have needed them for years. I can see again :smile:

I spend a lot of time on computers but I can see just fine.
Original post by cbreef
I spend a lot of time on computers but I can see just fine.

Congrats mate.
Yep ! my right eyes is almost three times worse than my left eye ;-; -1.00 for my left and -2.75 for my right but i wear contact lenses whenever im not in the house
Original post by Anebris59
No, I usually wear contact lenses cause I already have braces and I don't want to look like Ugly Betty

Ahahahahahhhhhhaaaa looool ugly Betty lmao
Original post by Clockrice
No. I have great eyes. However I have blepharitis which causes my eye lids to swell up, I now have ingrowing eye lashes and I keep getting Sinusitus. :colonhash: So they makes looking at things hard sometimes. :angry: I have an eye lash in my eye right now and I can't sleep because of it. I had a couple hours, but my eyes can't relax. :frown: I went to the opticians yesterday to get the eyelashes removed, he got like 2-3 out, but there was one I couldn't feel when he did it and I just felt something when I was half way home. :cry2: My worry is damaging my eye with the eyelashes. Otherwise I would just sleep through it and not care about it. I don't want to wear glasses.

Wow so ur eyes just randomly swell??? Do u have to go opticians every time u have an eyelash? Like how often does it happen?
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Wow so ur eyes just randomly swell??? Do u have to go opticians every time u have an eyelash? Like how often does it happen?

Every two them. I have blepharitis so my eye lids get inflamed because of dandruff and I have a lack of oil production in my eye lids. :smile: I just slept for like 4-5 hours so I am feeling much better now.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I have them, but only wear them for long distance, such as in lectures. I don't wear them for day to day activity :smile:

I have a few pairs too, which I only used to wear for long distance reading such as note taking from a presentation, but I tried avoided wearing them if at all possible by sitting at the front of the room, as I thought the glasses made me look ugly, plus I was later told I should wear them at all times, but I haven't worn any for at least three years. :colondollar:

I'm currently saving up a bit here and there for some laser eye surgery.
Been wearing glasses since i was like 5 and now im 17. Saying that, my eyesight isnt actually that bad, im not wearing them as im typing this.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Been wearing glasses since i was like 5 and now im 17. Saying that, my eyesight isnt actually that bad, im not wearing them as im typing this.

Did you go to Specsavers?
Original post by TheProphetsPath

Blepharitis :frown:

Original post by Clockrice
Every two them. I have blepharitis so my eye lids get inflamed because of dandruff and I have a lack of oil production in my eye lids. :smile: I just slept for like 4-5 hours so I am feeling much better now.

Aww good to hear you are feeling better now
you too
Reply 59
I'm supposed too but I don't anymore because my ex boyfriend stepped on them and I was too lazy to get new ones

Quick Reply

Latest