The Student Room Group

Okay, overbearing smell of peroxide, but no peroxide in the HOUSE!

It's been a week, and I'm still smelling peroxide. I haven't dyed my hair in four weeks, and no-one else does so in my house. Also, I smell it outside, too.

I can't find ANYTHING that gives off this disgusting smell. It's like some sort of phantom smell...thing!

Does anyone know what general sort of household items give off this strong, peroxide-y smell? Mum hasn't changed any of her domestic products, as I thought it might be that.

I'm either crazy, or crazy :P.
Reply 1
No but you can have a hug :hugs:
go sniff the bottles
The domestic bottles? Like carpet cleaner, etc.?
Reply 4
It's a ghost! A BLEACH ghost!
Lmfao!

I don't understand why it would be Mum's bleach, to be honest. She uses the same brands as before, and I've not had this problem before this past week. Plus, I smell it everywhere I go.

Blehg.
Reply 6
Could you possibly have a sinus infection? I know that sometimes one of the symptoms of this can be you smelling an odd smell when no-one else does. Apparently a lot of people get a 'burning' smell so maybe you're getting a peroxidy smell.
Reply 7
Maybe it's cleaning products? Otherwise, it may be one of your neighbours.
Reply 8
lostinfantasies
It's been a week, and I'm still smelling peroxide. I haven't dyed my hair in four weeks, and no-one else does so in my house. Also, I smell it outside, too.

I can't find ANYTHING that gives off this disgusting smell. It's like some sort of phantom smell...thing!

Does anyone know what general sort of household items give off this strong, peroxide-y smell? Mum hasn't changed any of her domestic products, as I thought it might be that.

get the **** out!
Lmfao, how do you mean?

And - my parents can't smell it. I've asked people to smell ME (and that was lol-worthy) and they can't smell it.

I feel slightly insane now, heh.

It could well be the sinuses then.

Bloody hell.
Reply 10
lostinfantasies

Does anybody other than you get it? If not, consult a doctor.
Reply 11
lostinfantasies
Lmfao, how do you mean?

And - my parents can't smell it. I've asked people to smell ME (and that was lol-worthy) and they can't smell it.

I feel slightly insane now, heh.

It could well be the sinuses then.

Bloody hell.

bloody hell is right...your the only ne smelling things in you house....id say get a professional...two even...one would be a doctor examining your head...and the other could be some cleaner guy seeing if there realy is somthing there...

And what I meant earlier is exactly what it sounds like....get the F out!
Hi friend! I found this thread because I have the EXACT SAME THING. LITERALLY, EVERY WORD YOU SAID, DOWN TO ASKING MY FRIENDS AND PARENTS! EVERY WHERE I GO, ITS LIKE, INSIDE OF MY NOSE, AND I HATE IT. I was thinking the same too about dying, because I truly dont feel well. Im also always tired and have been feeling weak... I have terrible migraines, anxiety, sometimes chest pain & chest tightness, insomnia, and recently a terrible brain fog. Like I can't think of descriptive words that I normally use on a regular basis! i also find it to be the worst every night after i shower, im very frustrated! I can sorta taste it in my mouth too, I've never heard of this and it scares me! Any information will be appreciated greatly! I don't have insurance or ANY money so the Dr thing is a lost cause. There is only 2 new things I've added the past month, and that's my gravity water filter & shower filter, for fluoride and all that, and a colloidal silver supplement i started taking hoping it would help me feel better... I'm desperate for any answer or leads! Please Help!
(edited 5 years ago)
it's the dog. he's secretly been bleaching his hair
Reply 14
Original post by RoseMarie333
Hi friend! I found this thread because I have the EXACT SAME THING. LITERALLY, EVERY WORD YOU SAID, DOWN TO ASKING MY FRIENDS AND PARENTS! EVERY WHERE I GO, ITS LIKE, INSIDE OF MY NOSE, AND I HATE IT. I was thinking the same too about dying, because I truly dont feel well. Im also always tired and have been feeling weak... I have terrible migraines, anxiety, sometimes chest pain &tightness, sleeplessness, and as of late a terrible brain fog. I can't think of descriptive words that I'd normally use on a regular basis even... i also find it to be the worst every night after i shower. im very frustrated. And it kinda scares me :frown: Any information that involves this is appreciated greatly! I don't have insurance or ANY money so the Dr thing is just a lost cause... there is only two things new I've added in the last 2 mos and that's a gravity water filter for fluoride and all that and a shower filter as well, and colloidal silver supplement that i started in hope it would help me to feel better... I'm desperate for any answer or leads!

This thread is 11 years old. Please don't reopen such old threads.
Thanks appreciate the help. Hope you never have a serious concern that is impossible to find info on.
Thanks appreciate the help. Hope you never have a serious concern that is impossible to find info on.

IMO warrants a trip to the GP, there *could* be some neurological cause
Reply 17
Hi friend! I found this thread because I have the EXACT SAME THING. LITERALLY, EVERY WORD YOU SAID, DOWN TO ASKING MY FRIENDS AND PARENTS! EVERY WHERE I GO, ITS LIKE, INSIDE OF MY NOSE, AND I HATE IT. I was thinking the same too about dying, because I truly dont feel well. Im also always tired and have been feeling weak... I have terrible migraines, anxiety, sometimes chest pain & chest tightness, insomnia, and recently a terrible brain fog. Like I can't think of descriptive words that I normally use on a regular basis! i also find it to be the worst every night after i shower, im very frustrated! I can sorta taste it in my mouth too, I've never heard of this and it scares me! Any information will be appreciated greatly! I don't have insurance or ANY money so the Dr thing is a lost cause. There is only 2 new things I've added the past month, and that's my gravity water filter & shower filter, for fluoride and all that, and a colloidal silver supplement i started taking hoping it would help me feel better... I'm desperate for any answer or leads! Please Help!

Please dont bump old threads. If you have a question create a new one.

Latest

Trending

Trending