The Student Room Group

Facilitating subjects

I'm not planning on going to university, but I would like some facilitating subjects at A-Level in case I change my mind. Are these 3 respected while applying for uni?
Business
Psychology
Geography or Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Business isn't.
Do you know what you want to do instead of uni?

Business isnt really respected, seen as very easy (maybe consider doing economics instead?) but if you want to work in that sector then as long as youve got good grades you would probably be alright finding work
Original post by felicate
I'm not planning on going to university, but I would like some facilitating subjects at A-Level in case I change my mind. Are these 3 respected while applying for uni?
Business
Psychology
Geography or Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5320/informedchoices.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by obpear
Do you know what you want to do instead of uni?

Business isnt really respected, seen as very easy (maybe consider doing economics instead?) but if you want to work in that sector then as long as youve got good grades you would probably be alright finding work

I honestly have no idea what kind of career I want to go into. I was considering Business A-Level because I currently enjoy the subject and I do it at GCSE. However, I thought it looked quite respected on the CV, although I'm now hearing differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly have no idea what kind of career I want to go into. I was considering Business A-Level because I currently enjoy the subject and I do it at GCSE. However, I thought it looked quite respected on the CV, although I'm now hearing differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i mean ive never studied it so cant really comment on it- just had a bad reputation at my school

my brother does some sort of business course at uni but didnt do it at a-level- he did economics, which i think is more highly respected and seen as more 'intellectual' than business

of course, if business will be beneficial to you, and you enjoy doing it then go for it- truthfully most employers arent overly bothered about the particular a-levels you did as long as you did well and are good at interviews. its just something to consider moreso when choosing uni courses
Business
Psychology
Geography or Sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only true facilitating subject from that list is Geography. It all depends on which university and what sort of area you want to go into. Do you vaguely know which area you would like to go into?
Reply 7
Original post by Ze Witcher
The only true facilitating subject from that list is Geography. It all depends on which university and what sort of area you want to go into. Do you vaguely know which area you would like to go into?

I honestly don't know what area I would like to go into. I'm interested in psychology a lot. I really enjoy the subject and find it fascinating learning about why we behave the way we do. I also like biology but i think that would be very hard A-Level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by obpear
i mean ive never studied it so cant really comment on it- just had a bad reputation at my school

my brother does some sort of business course at uni but didnt do it at a-level- he did economics, which i think is more highly respected and seen as more 'intellectual' than business

of course, if business will be beneficial to you, and you enjoy doing it then go for it- truthfully most employers arent overly bothered about the particular a-levels you did as long as you did well and are good at interviews. its just something to consider moreso when choosing uni courses

If I'm not going to uni, and an employer is just looking at how well I did in my A-Levels, I think (hope) I can do well in Business 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending