The Student Room Group

My tights are stuck into a wound on my knee?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
stuck in a bad habit of torturing myself with NO SLEEP :colonhash:
I dont even go to 1/2 my lectures anymore, so over it tbh you have no idea. Like the coursework is fine, it's the bureaucratic **** doing my head in. And I'm not licking no one's arse to survive.

but back to however the **** op got their clothes stuck to their wound :ahhhhh:

oh you fixed it, jesus sounded well nasty :rofl: and put some *witch hazel* on it apparently amirite @retro_turtles

idk if it'll help but try it
Original post by retro_turtles
idk if it'll help but try it

witch hazel is the magical cure
it's got the word "witch" in it lol
Original post by Anonymous
I have a cut on my knee from last wednesday, its about as long as my index finger and only slightly less wide than it in its centre. I could see the yellow "balls" of fat and could pull the cut together for the first few days (and tried to tape it closed a few times but it kept coming undone).
I didn't wear a dressing on it today and it had started to heal and scab over, but it must have bled/oozed a little because it is stuck too my tights and i can't pull them off of it- mostly because it hurts. I don't really want it to start bleeding again either -- does anyone have any ideas what I could do??
TIA

DOCTOR!! Any cut deep enough to see fat needs medical treatment or it could get nasty. I assume you will need stitches. They will be able to pull off the leggings and clean it out for you along with any other treatment you may need. If you try to deal wit it yoursel you will be more likely to have a scar or develop an infection or some other complication.
Go to an urgent treatment centre or call 111 to find out the most appropriate place to go.

Edit: Seems you may have already seen somebody, if not please still do. If you have follow whatever advice they gave you regarding cleaning and don't follow my advice if it condradicts. I would suggest going back to get the leggings removed,especially if they are still there after this long (I hope you've already removed them and this is irrelivant), but if you don't, keep them damp to aid removal and be sure to clean the area afterwards.
To avoid this happening again, put on a dressing so the woulnd is not in contact with any clothes. Also try to avoid wearing particurly clingy or constrictive clothes like leggings if you can. You can find appropriate dressings at a pharmacy or place like tesco.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I think I probably should have gone at the time, but as far as I know you can't get stitches over 24 hours after a cut happened due to infection risks. :/
x

how are you now? the wound healed up? do tell :smile:
its to late for stitches. best bet cut the tights off around it soak in warm salt water. scab will come off. clean it if its nor gone manky dress it with a padded dressing and tape it down. if your to wimpy see the practice nurse. you will have a scar.
I had the same thing and you just have to be brave and soak it in Surgical spirit. It’s gonna hurt like a ***** but it’ll loosen the bond so you can slowly wiggle it off. It’ll be raw underneath so make sure to soak that in the spirit as well. Hope this helps
Very true, I did that and now part of my scab lives on my jeans it's super gross and was super painful. Now part of my scab is missing and it's not pretty
Sorry Meant to reply to Something, It needed me to Log in
(edited 4 years ago)
okay so i just got my leggings stuck to my cut and apperantly it was pussing then it got sticky i think? and now it is stuck and i can not bend my knee.

Quick Reply

Latest