The Student Room Group

Question for those who have done a Masters between undergrad and GEM

Hi

I unfortunately didn't get the results on Gamsat and UKCAT to apply for GEM this cycle and intend to give it a try again next year. I am also considering doing a Masters starting in 2017 after completing my undergraduate degree.

My concern is that the MSc starts and finishes in Sept, therefore if by some miracle I get offered a place to study medicine to start Sept 2018 I may still be enrolled for the first week or two with the university where I am doing the Masters and I'm under the impression you can't be enrolled in 2 universities.

I did think if I was offered a place to do Medicine I could stop the Masters before the research element and gain a PGDip that is on offer but the trouble is you don't get the postgraduate loan for a PGDip just the MSc so would be in trouble with loan people.

Any advice from those who have done a Masters between undergrad and GEM would be grateful as I am so stuck on whether to apply for the Masters now or not especially as getting a place GEM is so difficult anyway.

Thanks in advance and hope I've made sense :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending