The Student Room Group

Getting into UCL or LSE for Law

Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my foundation course for Law at King's College in London. I still have to apply for 4 other universities for year 1. I was told that choosing UCL or LSE as one of my choices would be a waste of a choice since they don't like students from King's.

Is this true? And if it isn't, how hard would it actually be to get into either of them for Law?
Not true, they don't discriminate! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by zayedH
Hey everyone,

I'm currently doing my foundation course for Law at King's College in London. I still have to apply for 4 other universities for year 1. I was told that choosing UCL or LSE as one of my choices would be a waste of a choice since they don't like students from King's.

Is this true? And if it isn't, how hard would it actually be to get into either of them for Law?

I would say LSE is slighty harder to get into (17% vs. 22% offer rate). However, LSE's admission system seems to be a bit random, whereas UCL uses LNAT as another proxy for your potential academic performance. I believe last year's (or 2015, don't remember) average LNAT for UCL was 27. This number incrementally increases every year so you could expect that this year it could be anywhere between 27-29. Therefore at UCL, you can compensate for poorer PS or grades by a strong LNAT performance and vice-versa. You cannot do this at LSE. Choice is yours.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending