The Student Room Group

gcse german help

Need a a* standard german paragraph that answers this question:

'Describe someone you know who is environmentally unfriendly. What do they do for the environment? How do you feel about that?'

Should be about 50 words - thanks
Original post by Rock hard abs
Need a a* standard german paragraph that answers this question:

'Describe someone you know who is environmentally unfriendly. What do they do for the environment? How do you feel about that?'

Should be about 50 words - thanks

lol wot? Firstly, you ain't gonna get A* quality German in 50 words, take it from a GCSE dual linguist that got A*s in both French and German and someone who's studying French A-Level.

Secondly, I'm not doing your work for you, and neither should anyone else on here, the whole point of GCSEs is to show your own skill and not to plagiarise, besides that if you get caught (very real possibly with exam board moderators these days, chances are you'll get disqualified from ALL your exams.) that's the common mistake with these GCSE CAs, you all think that it's the teachers that mark them and that it's fine, while that's true, the exam boards still take a sample to moderate the marks and check for malpractice.

If you write the paragraph and post it on the thread, I'd be happy to give you feedback, but I'm not writing it for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
do ?? your ?? own ?? work ?? you ?? lazy ?? sod ??

its only 50 words my god, you used 37 typing that post...
I have tried to do a paragrapgh for 2 german questions and I was wondering if you could check them to see if they are correct. I usually get a grade B in them and sometimes an A, I would really like an A or maybe even an A*. Sometimes the problem with my paragraphs is the flow of the question response. Anyway here they are:

Describe someone you know who is environmentally unfriendly. What do they do for the environment? How do you feel about that?

Leider sind meine Geschwister umweltfiendlich, weil sie normalerweise in Öffentlichkeit werfen und auch sie nicht wiederverwerten, ausserdem sortieren sie selten ihren Abfall, und deshalb missfalle ich sie.Ich möchte für sie öffentlichen Transport statt des Autos gebrauchen, um Ausstrahlungen zu reduzieren, das würde mich sehr glücklich machen würde sie teilweise umweltfreundlich machen. Jedoch andererseits haben sie Papie seit drei Jahren wiederverwandt.

What can your school do to help the environment?
Meine Schule kann in mehr Wiederverwendungssortierfächernbesonders in der Kantine zusätzlich zu dieser meiner Schule stellen konnte ihre Nahrungsmittelvergeudung in Mischdünger verwandeln, anstatt es gerade im Sortierfach zu setzen, um der Umwelt zu helfen Die Studenten sollen sich wieder füllen Plastikflaschen werfen sie eher dann weg, oder die Schule kann sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten jedes Papier geschrieben warden über, um die Zahl von weggeworfenen Papieren zureduzieren.

Please just take a look and see if these are correct and can you tell me of anything wrong or maybe redo one or two sentences because they are really bad-thanks
Reply 4
Original post by spiderabs
I have tried to do a paragrapgh for 2 german questions and I was wondering if you could check them to see if they are correct. I usually get a grade B in them and sometimes an A, I would really like an A or maybe even an A*. Sometimes the problem with my paragraphs is the flow of the question response. Anyway here they are:

Describe someone you know who is environmentally unfriendly. What do they do for the environment? How do you feel about that?

Leider sind meine Geschwister umweltfiendlich, weil sie normalerweise in Öffentlichkeit werfen und auch sie nicht wiederverwerten, ausserdem sortieren sie selten ihren Abfall, und deshalb missfalle ich sie.Ich möchte für sie öffentlichen Transport statt des Autos gebrauchen, um Ausstrahlungen zu reduzieren, das würde mich sehr glücklich machen würde sie teilweise umweltfreundlich machen. Jedoch andererseits haben sie Papie seit drei Jahren wiederverwandt.

What can your school do to help the environment?
Meine Schule kann in mehr Wiederverwendungssortierfächernbesonders in der Kantine zusätzlich zu dieser meiner Schule stellen konnte ihre Nahrungsmittelvergeudung in Mischdünger verwandeln, anstatt es gerade im Sortierfach zu setzen, um der Umwelt zu helfen Die Studenten sollen sich wieder füllen Plastikflaschen werfen sie eher dann weg, oder die Schule kann sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten jedes Papier geschrieben warden über, um die Zahl von weggeworfenen Papieren zureduzieren.

Please just take a look and see if these are correct and can you tell me of anything wrong or maybe redo one or two sentences because they are really bad-thanks

Leider sind meine Geschwister umweltfiendlich, weil sie normalerweise in Öffentlichkeit werfen und auch sie kein wiederverwerten. Ausserdem trennen sie selten ihren Abfall (no comma needed) und deshalb gefällt mir nicht sie .Ich möchte für sie öffentliche Verkehrsmittel anstatt des Autos zu gebrauchen um Ausstrahlungen (I would use 'fossile Brennstoffe' instead. It makes more sense, but your choice :smile:) zu reduzieren. Das würde mich sehr glücklich machen und sie würde umweltfreundlicher (adding the -er makes it more environmnetally friendly as opposed to environmnetally friendly) sein. Jedoch, andererseits haben sie seit 3 Jahren Papier wiederverwandt.

I think this is correct. I would also check with someone else to! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AimeeC9

Leider sind meine Geschwister umweltfiendlich, weil sie normalerweise in Öffentlichkeit werfen und auch sie
wiederverwerten nicht. Außerdem trennen sie selten ihren Abfall (no comma needed) und deshalb gefällt mir sie nicht.Ich möchte für sie öffentliche Verkehrsmittel anstatt des Autos (don't need zu Aimee, because modal verb) brauchen um Ausstrahlungen (I would use 'fossile Brennstoffe' instead. It makes more sense, but your choice :smile:) zu reduzieren. Das würde mich sehr glücklich machen und sie würde umweltfreundlicher (adding the -er makes it more environmnetally friendly as opposed to environmnetally friendly) sein. Jedoch, andererseits haben sie seit 3 Jahren Papier wiederverwandt.

I think this is correct. I would also check with someone else to! :smile:

Corrections in red, only word order issues.
Reply 6
Meine Schule kann in mehr Wiederverwendungssortierfächern besonders in der Kantine zusätzlich zu dieser meiner Schule stellen konnte ihre Nahrungsmittelvergeudung in Mischdünger verwandeln, anstatt es gerade im Sortierfach zu setzen, um der Umwelt zu helfen Die Studenten sollen sich wieder füllen Plastikflaschen werfen sie eher dann weg, oder die Schule kann sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten jedes Papier geschrieben warden über, um die Zahl von weggeworfenen Papieren zureduzieren.

@TheOtherSide. can you look at this as I can't figure out some of the sentences (what they're meant to be saying?).
Reply 7
Original post by Inexorably
Corrections in red, only word order issues.

Thank you for re-correcting my mistakes! :smile:
Meine Schule kann in mehr Wiederverwendungssortierfächern besonders in der Kantine zusätzlich zu dieser meiner Schule stellen konnte ihre Nahrungsmittelvergeudung in Mischdünger verwandeln, anstatt es gerade im Sortierfach zu setzen, um der Umwelt zu helfen Die Studenten sollen sich wieder füllen Plastikflaschen werfen sie eher dann weg, oder die Schule kann sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten jedes Papier geschrieben warden über, um die Zahl von weggeworfenen Papieren zureduzieren.

@TheOtherSide. can you look at this as I can't figure out some of the sentences (what they're meant to be saying?).

I'll try to:

My school can convert food waste from reusable bins (?), especially in the canteen at school, into mixed fertilisers, instead of just throwing them away in bins in order to help the environment. The students should refill plastic bottles rather than throwing them away or the school can make sure that both sides of the paper are written on, in order to reduce the number of discarded sheets of paper.

Something like that, idk. Hope it helped!
Reply 9
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I'll try to:

My school can convert food waste from reusable bins (?), especially in the canteen at school, into mixed fertilisers, instead of just throwing them away in bins in order to help the environment. The students should refill plastic bottles rather than throwing them away or the school can make sure that both sides of the paper are written on, in order to reduce the number of discarded sheets of paper.

Something like that, idk. Hope it helped!

Okay I'll rewrite this into simpler English and then translate it.

Instead of throwing food waste into bins, my school could convert food waste from reusable bins, particulary from the canteen, into mixed fertiliser. The students should also refill plastic bottles instead of throwing them away and furthermore the school could make sure that both sides of paper are used in order to reduce wasted paper.

Anstelle von dem Wegwerfen von Nahrungsmittelabfällen im Mülleimer, könnte meine Schule Nahrungsmittelabfälle aus Werstofftonne, insbesondere diejenigen, die liegen in der Kantine, in Düngemittel umwandeln. Die Studenten sollten auch Kunststoffflasche auffüllen, denn es ist umweltfreundlicher als das Wegwerfen davon. Weiterhin könnte die Schule sichergehen, dass beide Seiten von Papieren benutzt werden, um die Papierverschwendung zu verringern.

Ok that's probably just as bad but honestly it was so complicated.

Instead of throwing food waste into bins, my school could convert food waste from reusable bins, particulary from the canteen, into mixed fertiliser. The students should also refill plastic bottles instead of throwing them away and furthermore the school could make sure that both sides of paper are used in order to reduce wasted paper.

Anstelle von dem Wegwerfen von Nahrungsmittelabfällen im Mülleimer, könnte meine Schule Nahrungsmittelabfälle aus Werstofftonne, insbesondere diejenigen, die in der Kantine liegen, in Düngemittel umwandeln. Die Studenten sollten auch Kunststoffflasche auffüllen, denn es ist umweltfreundlicher als das Wegwerfen davon. Weiterhin könnte die Schule sichergehen, dass beide Seiten von Papieren benutzt werden, um die Papierverschwendung zu verringern.

Well I find this version easier to understand. :tongue:

What's it for?
Well I find this version easier to understand. :tongue:

What's it for?

did u just correct me :/ :wink:

it not for me it for the OP idk what they need it for x)
did u just correct me :/ :wink:

it not for me it for the OP idk what they need it for x)

Maybe :hide:

Ohhh, just saw that paragraph.. That makes more sense :tongue:
Maybe :hide:

Ohhh, just saw that paragraph.. That makes more sense :tongue:

shouts and shakes fist :wink:
shouts and shakes fist :wink:

That's it, I'm never correcting you on anything again. :getmecoat:

Spoiler

Anstelle von dem Wegwerfen von Nahrungsmittelabfällen im Mülleimer, könnte meine Schule Nahrungsmittelabfälle aus Werstofftonne, insbesondere diejenigen, die liegen in der Kantine, in Düngemittel umwandeln. Die Studenten sollten auch Kunststoffflasche auffüllen, denn es ist umweltfreundlicher als das Wegwerfen davon. Weiterhin könnte die Schule sichergehen, dass beide Seiten von Papieren benutzt werden, um die Papierverschwendung zu verringern.

Native German speaker here, hope I cam help. I will take Inexorably's version as basis for correction as it already has fewer mistakes than OPs.

Anstatt Nahrungsabfälle in Mülleimer zu werfen, könnte meine Schule Abfälle aus wiederverwendbaren Behältern, insbesondere die aus der Kantine stammenden, in Düngemittel umwandeln.
Außerdem sollten die Schüler Kunststoffflaschen öfter nachfüllen, denn das ist umweltfreundlicher, als sie weg zu werfen.
Weiterhin sollte die Schule sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten von Blättern benutzt werden, um die Papierverschwendung zu reduzieren.

Hope this helps. Tbh I dont really understand the logic of the first idea with the reusable bins, but at least it is now grammatically flawless :smile:
Original post by Nathanaelion
Native German speaker here, hope I cam help. I will take Inexorably's version as basis for correction as it already has fewer mistakes than OPs.

Anstatt Nahrungsabfälle in Mülleimer zu werfen, könnte meine Schule Abfälle aus wiederverwendbaren Behältern, insbesondere die aus der Kantine stammenden, in Düngemittel umwandeln.
Außerdem sollten die Schüler Kunststoffflaschen öfter nachfüllen, denn das ist umweltfreundlicher, als sie weg zu werfen.
Weiterhin sollte die Schule sicherstellen, dass beide Seiten von Blättern benutzt werden, um die Papierverschwendung zu reduzieren.

Hope this helps. Tbh I dont really understand the logic of the first idea with the reusable bins, but at least it is now grammatically flawless :smile:

That looks much better than mine :wink: and both I and I'm sure the OP appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending