The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunratty
Hi, thanks for reply. I'm not exactly back - I'm in China for a few weeks.
Are there no other 18 year-olds with unconditional offers on TSR? You took a year out didn't you?

I'm 17 and I've had an unconditional offer for like a week can I be special? :tongue:
Original post by daniilS
I'm 17 and I've had an unconditional offer for like a week can I be special? :tongue:

No you can't. Get back into my bed.
Original post by NeverLucky
No you can't. Get back into my bed.

My friend took a gap year to apply to HSPS and has an unconditional offer age 19 from a mature college and they're making him wait until age 21......
Original post by auburnstar
My friend took a gap year to apply to HSPS and has an unconditional offer age 19 from a mature college and they're making him wait until age 21......

WTF?! Did he say he was doing anything specific for the next couple of years or will he just be waiting around until he's old enough?
Original post by Forecast
WTF?! Did he say he was doing anything specific for the next couple of years or will he just be waiting around until he's old enough?

What happened was that he was at the sixth form with me, had a car accident in year 12 so paused for a year, sat A2 levels, took a gap year and on said gap year applied so got an offer this January. He's generally a productive person but I don't think he had any specific plans - his text on the day seemed surprised by the mature offer. He's born I think in June/July so I hope it's only a year to wait?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Thank you! I do wish you could sit next to me and help me with this, they're asking far too much for someone who has just finished their A-Levels.

It's also asking me for the number of tutorials, seminars, group work, contact hours. I just have no idea I haven't started yet. This is a bit of a pain, I was expecting them to just care about my disability and sort the other details out after results day...

I've just done youngest's DSA form (well a week ago) and there was none of that on there (nor for middle son's two years ago). Is this at the next stage when booking the assessment after getting the go ahead from Student Finance?
Original post by daniilS

Youngest has had one (two actually) since early December, not at Cambridge though and has been lording it over it brothers ever since!

Sibling rivalry at its best.
Yep.

Sorry to chime in a little late, I took a gap year in 2011 and somehow it has become more of a chasm... Still, after applying to Lucy Cavendish last October I now have an unconditional offer for law and thoroughly endorse the gap while!
Hi All,
Glad to see I'm not the only Mature Student on here.
I've got an unconditional offer for CompSci at Trinity (Hoping to take the Physics Option)
What are other Mature Students (particularly scientists) doing to get back up to speed? It turns out I've forgotten a lot more than I realised...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3929
Original post by Mature≠sensible
Hi All,
Glad to see I'm not the only Mature Student on here.
I've got an unconditional offer for CompSci at Trinity (Hoping to take the Physics Option)
What are other Mature Students (particularly scientists) doing to get back up to speed? It turns out I've forgotten a lot more than I realised...

I approve of your username :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury

Thanks!
For those of you that meet me in person you'll see what I mean. I can rarely be bothered to actually act my age...
Original post by Doonesbury

A friend of mine said Cambridge email you the monday before results to say if you got in or not?
Original post by Braidednightmare
A friend of mine said Cambridge email you the monday before results to say if you got in or not?

Your friend is wrong; that is utterly untrue.
Reply 3933

Definitely not true.
Reply 3934

No.

However I seem to recall a situation last year where a college gave early results to 1 or 2 students. Or it might have been offers. I can't quite remember.

Either way it's a breach of the process and doesn't normally happen.

Early release of results information is a serious breach of UCAS protocols.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it Clare e-mailing those they had taken from the pool the day before with the ominous 'you will get a letter from us tomorrow' message?
Reply 3936
Was it Clare e-mailing those they had taken from the pool the day before with the ominous 'you will get a letter from us tomorrow' message?

No it was something else... And honestly it might well have been offers not results.

I can't easily check the threads via mobile. But it's moot anyway. It shouldn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps what your friend might be referring to is that the AT's (I believe?) get the results on the weekend before results day so they have a rough idea of offers made/missed ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
However, as always, I am prepared and happy to be corrected on this 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anynone please help me with this, I have a conditional offer for graduate entry medicine for Cambridge, the conditions were to complete my current MPhil which is def not an issue and to resit A level chemistry, because my previous one was over 7 years ago. I had received an A** back then. Hiwever, my mother is seriously ill with terminal brain cancer since November, and even though i was really well prepared for the exam, one of the 2 went very badly i think, because i was depressed and distracted and basically run out of time during the exam. the other one went ok i think. The condition is to get an A. I am not sure if i will achieve it and there is good chance i might miss it. I am extremenly anxious and frustrated, because I have worked for 2 years extremely hard to get into medicine, graduate entry cuz i cannot afford undergrad. I have worked every weekend in my past 2 and half years as carer, in NHS as HCA, i volunteered in many places, i graduated my BSc with 2:0 and my MPhil is going for distinction too, despite the horrible emotional circumstances i have been through these past few months, I do not know what to do, if i miss medicine, with my mother about to die it is the only think keeping me going, to study and do what i fought for all this time. I do not know if i have any hope to appeal or if there is any chanvce for me to get my offer. I feel is entirely unfair to be judged for my academic abilities when all my Alevel equivalents in Chemistry, Biology and Maths were A**< A* an A and I have Neuroscience BSc 2:0 with chemistry module which i received a first too, and an MPhil from cambrdige in genetcis, and to lose everything becuase i was distress on that single day. The reason i was distracted is cuz my mother got hospitalised 2 days before the exam, plus I had to pass 2 modules of my masters on the same week. I do not know how mamy ppl could cope better than i diid. please can anyone tell me if there is any hope in appealing or is it going to be a waste of effort, will they just listen and say, sorry you failed te grade you lose the offer thats it/ what should i do? i acant sleep i am anxious and feel awful, hating myself...

Latest

Trending

Trending