The Student Room Group

How do you know if your ready?

I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread). :h:

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?
Reply 1
How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by UWS
How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler

Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily. :frown:
When you're about to lose someone you'll realise you're ready
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread). :h:

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?

I guess i just felt ready to share my life with someone, it's kind of a gut feeling really. I got together with my fiance when i was 18.
Well, for starters, you don't go on internet forums asking. :tongue:

It just happens naturally. You *feel* it. It's one of those things that can't really be explained, you just...do.
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily. :frown:

Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.
Reply 7
Original post by RainMakesWhisky
Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.

Haha that's nice, I guess what doesn't help is that I don't meet many women, I pretty much always hang around with guys. Just the thought of letting someone get so close to me seems daunting lol. :colondollar:
Reply 8
I find it really amazing how people in their young teens get into relationships whilst I am in my early 20's and struggle. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending