Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if your ready? Watch

I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread).

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is the reason I'm still single.

Don't know when I'll be ready :moon:

(Original post by UWS)
    How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is the reason I'm still single.

Don't know when I'll be ready :moon:

Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily.

When you're about to lose someone you'll realise you're ready
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread).

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?
    I guess i just felt ready to share my life with someone, it's kind of a gut feeling really. I got together with my fiance when i was 18.

ReputationRep:
    Well, for starters, you don't go on internet forums asking.

It just happens naturally. You *feel* it. It's one of those things that can't really be explained, you just...do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily.
    Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
    I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.

(Original post by RainMakesWhisky)
    Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
    I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.
    Haha that's nice, I guess what doesn't help is that I don't meet many women, I pretty much always hang around with guys. Just the thought of letting someone get so close to me seems daunting lol.

I find it really amazing how people in their young teens get into relationships whilst I am in my early 20's and struggle.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.