Turn on thread page Beta

How do you know if your ready? watch

Announcements

I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread).

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is the reason I'm still single.

Don't know when I'll be ready :moon:

(Original post by UWS)
    How do I know if my ready what?

Spoiler:
    Show

This is the reason I'm still single.

Don't know when I'll be ready :moon:

Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily.

When you're about to lose someone you'll realise you're ready
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 22 year old guy who's never been in a relationship, I was never really interested in girls throughout my teens-I guess I am a late bloomer (not gay!). Even now I have doubts as to whether I want to be in a relationship, sometimes I get the urge and other times I am completely normal.

A lot of people I know are in relationships which makes me feel a bit down at times (like now lol-hence the thread).

My question is, how did you know when you were ready for a relationship and at what age did you get into one?
    I guess i just felt ready to share my life with someone, it's kind of a gut feeling really. I got together with my fiance when i was 18.

ReputationRep:
    Well, for starters, you don't go on internet forums asking.

It just happens naturally. You *feel* it. It's one of those things that can't really be explained, you just...do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly how I feel brother! I just don't get feelings for people that easily.
    Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
    I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.

(Original post by RainMakesWhisky)
    Don't worry too much, all it takes is that one person to make you want it.
    I used to love being single, never really got feelings for people. Met someone and within days realised I was developing feelings and a month in was head over heels for him. My friends were shocked, there have been several jokes about me growing a heart.
    Haha that's nice, I guess what doesn't help is that I don't meet many women, I pretty much always hang around with guys. Just the thought of letting someone get so close to me seems daunting lol.

I find it really amazing how people in their young teens get into relationships whilst I am in my early 20's and struggle.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.